Find a roofer in Princess Anne, Maryland
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a good roof is because it provides security for your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that provides protection for your entire home. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, which can lead to other problems.
Your roof also does a lot for your property value. Since it’s such an essential part of your property, a well-maintained roof illustrates a reliable property. In a situation where you are selling, a home buyer would be thrilled about your property if it has a solid, steady roof over it.
Finally, having an energy efficient house delights anyone. It means your energy bills are lower and that your house maintains a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time it takes to replace a roof will be based on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors involved. The average roof for a residential property is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so normally, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into account is the projected weather in your area. Storms will make working conditions unpleasant and this is going to push out the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to complete.
The style of your roof is another factor that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist can estimate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most affordable materials for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are reliable and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs while being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any home.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to get higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the probability of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential houses and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When your roof is around this age, it’s a wise choice to get routine inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this indicates you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire property, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
Roofing Maintenance Contractors near Princess Anne, MD
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement site that helps you connect with roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors in Princess Anne, MD. See what experiences other people have had, communicate directly with the roofing maintenance contractor you’re interested in, get an estimate, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is needed so that their property stays in good condition. It’s best to keep on top of repairs to avoid having to pay the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Routine checkups can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it degrades any further and lets you prolong the life of your roof. So, how can you tell when you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services? You may realize there are certain things to look out for, such as:
- Age: Approximately 20-25 years is expected of a roof, so if you know your roof is older than that, you may want to contact a roofer to come check it out.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get repairs immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can lead to worse problems. Roofing repairs done by an expert will resolve the issue and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to let snow and rain flow through the valleys and into your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar you may want a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are ripped, curled, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs to be looked at. Roofing maintenance services will identify worn-out shingles and provide timely repairs to prevent leaks from doing further damage.
No one should deal with a dilapidated roof when there are so many professional contractors ready to help. With our user-friendly platform, you can get the finest roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Princess Anne, MD. Get the premium roofing maintenance services you need for your home right away.