Find a roofer in Poolesville, Maryland
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What's the estimated time required for constructing a replacement roof?
The time it takes for a roofer to do a replacement is dependent on the size of your roof, but there are also many other things involved. The typical roof for a house is about 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the weather forecast in your area. Poor weather will make working conditions terrible and this is going to delay the project. If a storm is expected to take place during your replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to finish.
The style of your roof is another thing that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roofing specialist will be able to come up with a timeline for the project.
When should I get a roof inspection?
Most roofers recommend biannual inspections for your roof since regular inspections have been proven to make your roof last longer. Another thing to think about is, by not having an evaluation done, any warranty you have could be waived.
How do roofing contractors generally charge for labor for roof replacement?
It’s challenging to narrow down how much a new roof is going to cost you because there are a few things that will influence the overall cost. Typically, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the products used. The price of your roof replacement will be calculated by the products you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be challenging if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing expert can be of assistance. They’ll be able to calculate the square footage of your roof and give you a better estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
What is the approximate cost for repairing a rooftop?
On the subject of the condition of your roof, you're either looking at major or minor repairs. Minor maintenance can fall anywhere between $150 to $1,500. Many homeowners like to handle minor stuff themselves, but if you’re not certain of how to do them or you’re concerned about keeping safe, then you should reach out to a roofing professional.
Major repairs do require the attention of a professional and they do cost more. You can expect major roofing repairs to range from $1,500 to $7,000.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services in Poolesville, Maryland
You can look to Thumbtack to make your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services more convenient in Poolesville, Maryland. Our streamlined app gives you all the convenience you need, which means you can look through dozens of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We assist in the vetting process by providing you access to ratings, pricing, background, and more. Begin your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair company on the app and find the best professional for your project.
Our app also puts together useful data to help you prior to sifting through our network of vetted roofing contractors.
Routine checkups can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and lets you prolong the life of your roof. So, how do you know it's necessary to get professional, roofing replacement and roofing repair services? You may notice certain things to look out for, including:
- The Age of Your Roof: In general, 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts, so if you think your roof has been around for longer, you may want to contact a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a roofer immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can lead to serious problems. Roofing repairs done by an expert will resolve the problem and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to allow snow and rain to stream through the valleys and into your gutters. When there are shingles missing or they've deteriorated, you may get some leakage.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to protect joints and prevent water. A roofing contractor can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid water leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, curled, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by a professional. Routine inspections will also help you address problems like this and avoid leaks.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you an easy option to find the right contractors to address your roofing needs. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the job is made easier through our app.