Find a roofer in Perry Hall, Maryland
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are reliable and do a fantastic job of protecting your property while being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any home.
Asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can also get higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential properties and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. When your roof is around this age, it’s a smart idea to get regular inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a defensive barrier for the rest of your property, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
No matter what season it is, you can contact a contractor for roof replacement services. However, fall is the most popular time of year for a roof replacement. But because it is a great time for a replacement, it can be a challenge to book time with a contractor. This means that winter could be a better time to book.
Many professionals who specialize in roofing are slow during the colder months, but you could have more delays because of severe weather. Summer is sort of like winter, but instead of wet and cold conditions, you’d be dealing with heat.
Spring can also be good for roof replacement services. Even though there's a chance it can still be wet and somewhat uncertain, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be repaired.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a stable roof is so fundamental for you is because it protects your property, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the defensive barrier for your entire house. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, you could get leaks in your home, which can lead to other issues.
Your roof also does so much for your curb appeal. Since it’s such a fundamental component of your property, a roof in good condition shows a reliable property. If you were looking to sell, a home buyer would be enthusiastic about your property if it has a strong, steady roof over it.
Finally, everyone is content with an energy efficient house. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your house keeps a consistent temperature.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Perry Hall, MarylandHome // Maryland // Perry Hall
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies in Perry Hall, MD
Thumbtack is the perfect home management platform that helps you connect with roofing replacement and roofing repair companies in Perry Hall, MD. See what other customers have to say, communicate directly with the roofing replacement company you’re interested in, book a service appointment, and more all from one convenient app.
Our app also collects useful data to help you prior to browsing through our network of vetted roofing professionals.
For the most part you'll know when you need to reach out to a roofing replacement or roofing repair professional, but here are some other things to consider about your roof:
- Age: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years, so if you know your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to call a roofer to come inspect it.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards that make your roof can warp or bend over time.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a promising sign. A roofing maintenance company will clean your gutters while checking up on your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and stop water. A roofer can fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to avoid water leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs an inspection. Roofing maintenance services will identify worn-out shingles and provide timely repairs to avoid leaks from doing further damage.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you a hassle-free option to find the best professionals for roofing replacement and roofing repair services. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the process is made easier through our platform.