Find a roofer in Owings, Maryland
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
At which season should I book an appointment for my roofing project?
Despite what time of year it is, you can get roofing services. However, fall is the most popular time of year for any type of roofing service. Since it is a popular time for roofing services, it can be difficult to schedule time with a roofer. This is why winter could be a more convenient time to book.
A lot of professionals who specialize in roofing are slow during the colder months, but you could have more delays because of erratic weather. Summer is sort of like winter, but rather than wet and cold conditions, you’d be putting up with the heat.
Spring can also be good for roofing services. Even though there's a chance it can still be wet and somewhat unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be repaired.
What do most roofers charge per square foot?
Roofing services can be between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the labor and materials. Of course, the cost per square foot will differ with the products that are being used for your roof repairs.
What's the timeframe for a roofing contractor to build a new roof?
The time it takes for a roofing contractor to do a replacement is dependent on the measurements of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things involved. The average roof for a house is around 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Storms will put a stop to work and this is going to extend the timeline. If a storm is expected to take place during your replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to complete.
The style of your roof is an important thing that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roofer can approximate a timeline for the job.
At what moment should I consider having an inspection done for my roof?
Most roofers suggest biannual inspections for your roof since regular check-ups are the best things to make your roof last longer. Another thing to think about is, by not having an evaluation done, the warranty on your roof could be voided.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services in Owings, MD
Thumbtack will simplify your search for roofing maintenance services in Owings, MD. Our streamlined platform gives you all the convenience you need, so you can look through dozens of profiles and come up with some options. We assist in the vetting process by giving you access to detailed customer reviews, pricing information, years in business, and more. Start your search for a roofing maintenance company on the app and hire the best candidate for your project.
It's essential to have a a structure over your head that you can count on throughout any season. For a secure home with a roof designed to last, you can hire the best roofing maintenance contractors through Thumbtack.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to reach out to a roofing replacement or roofing repair contractor, but here are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- The Age of Your Roof: In general, 20-25 years is expected of a roof, so if you think your roof has been around for longer, you may want to call a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get repairs immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can lead to serious issues. Roofing repairs done by an expert will remediate the issue and avoid replacement services.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance company will clean your gutters in addition to inspecting your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Contact a roofing company to fix worn out, missing, or faulty flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs attention. A roof inspection will identify worn-out shingles and provide top-notch repairs to avoid leaks from doing further damage.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with an easy solution to hire the best contractors for roofing maintenance services. No matter if you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the job is streamlined through our app.