Find a roofer in Oakland, Maryland
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most budget friendly materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are durable and serve the purpose of protecting your home in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles do require some attention more often than the more pricier options. They normally have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to get top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the possibility of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential spaces and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. When the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a smart choice to get consistent inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a protective barrier for the rest of your home, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
No matter what season it is, you can call a professional for roof replacement services. However, fall is the most popular time of year for a roof replacement. But because it is a good time for roof replacements, it can be difficult to schedule time with a professional. This means that winter could be a better time to book.
Many professionals who specialize in roofing are slow during the colder months, but you could be dealing with more erratic weather. And summer has the same issue as winter, but rather than wet and cold conditions, you’d be dealing with heat.
Spring is also not a terrible time for roof replacements. While the weather can still be wet and rather uncertain, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a stable roof is because it protects your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the protective barrier for the rest of your home. It blocks out severe weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, you could experience leaks in your home, and this can cause other problems.
Your roof also contributes to your property value. Since it’s such an important component of your home, a roof in good condition demonstrates a reliable property. In a situation where you are selling, a home buyer would be much more excited about your home if it has a solid, stable roof protecting it.
Lastly, everyone is content with an energy efficient house. It means your energy bills are lower and that your house maintains a consistent temperature.
Roofing Maintenance Companies near Oakland, MD
Thumbtack will make your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services more convenient in Oakland, MD. Our streamlined platform gives you all the convenience you need, which means you can look through dozens of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We assist in the hiring process by providing you useful information to detailed customer reviews, pricing, background, and more. Start your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair company here on Thumbtack and hire the right professional for your project.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is necessary so that their property remains in a favorable condition. It’s best to stay on top of repairs in order to prevent the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Routine inspections can help you keep up with any damage before it degrades any further and allows you to extend the life of your roof. So, how can you tell it's necessary to get a licensed, roofing replacement and roofing repair contractor to come out to your home? You may realize there are certain signs of wear including:
- The Age of Your Roof: Approximately 20-25 years is expected of a roof, so if you think your roof is older than that, you may want to contact a roofer to come check it out.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards that make your roof can end up warping or are bending under pressure.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters in addition to examining your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to protect joints and stop water penetration. A roofer can fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, warped, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by a professional. Regular repair services will help you address problems like this and avoid leaks.
Hire a company that can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair an easy process. When you’ve found the company you want, it’s just a matter of getting your estimate and setting up an appointment to get your roof in order.