Find a roofer in Mount Rainier, Maryland
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the size of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors to consider. The average roof for a house is around 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so normally, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Storms will put a halt on work and this can really postpone the project. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is another thing that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional will be able to approximate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are reliable and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any house.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier options. They usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can also purchase higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the likelihood of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential houses and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. When the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a wise choice to get consistent inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your home, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to narrow down how much a new roof is going to cost you because there are several factors that will influence the overall cost. Typically, a new roof is in the range of $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the products used. The cost of your new roof will be calculated by the products you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be hard if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing professional can be of assistance. They’ll be able to determine the square footage of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Mount Rainier, MarylandHome // Maryland // Mount Rainier
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services near Mount Rainier, Maryland
Thumbtack will simplify your search for roofing maintenance services in Mount Rainier, Maryland. Our streamlined platform gives you all the convenience you need, so you can look through various profiles and come up with some options. We help with the hiring process by providing you access to detailed customer reviews, pricing information, experience, and more. Begin your search for a roofing maintenance company on the app and hire the right professional for your project.
Our platform also collects a wealth of information to help you prior to sifting through our database of qualified roofing contractors.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to get in touch with a roofing maintenance professional, but here are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of a leaky roof. A professional roofer can make repairs right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood used for decking can warp or bend under pressure.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a promising sign. A roofing repair company will clean your gutters while inspecting your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing company to fix worn out, missing, or broken flashing to avoid leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, warped, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by a professional. Routine repair services will help you address issues like this and avoid leaks.
It's unnecessary to deal with a run-down roof when there are so many qualified roofers ready to help. With our streamlined app, you can get the finest roofing maintenance services in Mount Rainier, Maryland. Find the right contractor for your home right away.