Find a roofer in Montgomery Village, Maryland
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time it takes to replace a roof really depends on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also many other factors involved. The typical residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Poor weather will make working conditions less than ideal and this can really stall the project. If bad weather is expected to take place during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is an important thing that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor will be able to approximate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most budget friendly materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are durable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any house.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier products. They usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can always get higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential properties and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a good idea to get routine inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your home, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to know exactly how much a roof replacement is going to come out to because there are several factors that will influence the overall cost. Commonly, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the materials used. The price of your roof replacement will be factored by the materials you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be hard if your roof is more complex because you’ll have to factor in various angles. Here's how a roofing contractor can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to figure out the square footage of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Montgomery Village, MarylandHome // Maryland // Montgomery Village
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies near Montgomery Village, MD
When you need roofing maintenance services in Montgomery Village, MD, then our platform is the answer. The roofing experts featured on Thumbtack have the experience you need for your project. You can find someone who takes extra measures in making sure that the best customer service is put in place and that you get complete satisfaction on your roofing maintenance.
It's crucial to have a roof you can depend on for your house at any time during the year. For a safe home with a roof made to last, you can find the best roofing maintenance contractors through Thumbtack.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to get in touch with a roofing replacement or roofing repair contractor, but listed below are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- Leaking: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are a sign of a leaky roof. A professional roofer can make repairs as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood that make your roof can warp or bend over time.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a promising sign. A roofing maintenance company will clean your gutters in addition to checking up on your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected can help you know if they need to be replaced. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't sustain more extensive damages.
Hire a company that can make your roofing maintenance an easy process. Once you’ve found the contractor you want, then it's just requesting a estimate and booking an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.