Find a roofer in Lexington Park, Maryland
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are reliable and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look good on any house.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier options. They usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can also buy higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the possibility of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential homes and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. When your roof is around this age, it’s a good choice to get routine inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire property, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
While you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year to get roof replacement services. But because it is a good time for a replacement, it can be difficult to book time with a contractor. This means that waiting later in the year could be a more convenient time to schedule.
A lot of roofing companies are slow during the winter, but you could be putting up with more erratic weather conditions. Summer is kind of like winter, but instead of wet and cold conditions, you’d be putting up with high heat.
Spring can also be good for roof replacement services. While there's a chance it can still be wet and slightly unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a stable roof is so important is because it protects your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that provides protection for the rest of your property. It defends against harsh weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof is in poor condition, your home could develop some leaks, and this can cause other problems.
Your roof also does a lot for your curb appeal. Because it’s such an essential component of your property, a well-maintained roof demonstrates a reliable property. If you were to sell, a home buyer would be enthusiastic about your property if it has a solid, steady roof protecting it.
Finally, everyone is happy with an energy efficient home. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your home keeps a consistent temperature.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services in Lexington Park, MD
When you need to hire a roofing replacement or roofing repair company in Lexington Park, MD, there's a convenient way to go about it. The roofing experts featured on Thumbtack have the knowledge and qualifications you’re looking for. You can find the right candidate who takes the effort to make sure that the finest customer service is put in place and that you get total satisfaction on your roof replacement.
Our platform also puts together useful data to help you before you start sifting through our database of licensed roofing contractors.
Regularly, scheduled appointments can help you keep up with any wear-and-tear before it degrades any further and allows you to prolong the lifespan of your roof. So, how can you tell when you need professional, roofing maintenance services? You may realize there are certain things to look out for, such as:
- The Age of Your Roof: In general, 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts. If you know your roof is older than that, you may want to contact a roofer to come inspect it.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards that make your roof can end up warping or are bending under pressure.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules from your shingles in your gutters, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing maintenance specialist will keep your gutters clean and functioning properly.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Contact a roofing company to fix worn out, missing, or broken flashing to avoid leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, curled, or missing shingles should be replaced by an expert. Routine inspections will also help you address problems like this and avoid leaks.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you a convenient option to hire the right contractors to address your roofing needs. Whether you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the job is streamlined with our app.