Find a roofer in Lanham, Maryland
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What is the standard price charged by roofing professionals for a roof replacement job?
It’s challenging to know exactly how much a new roof is going to come out to because there are several factors that will establish the overall cost. Mostly, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the products used. The price of your new roof will be calculated by the products you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be difficult if your roof is more intricate because you’ll have to factor in various angles. This is where a roofing expert can be of assistance. They’ll be able to determine the square footage of your roof and give you a better estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
What are the typical costs affiliated with repairing a roof?
On the subject of the condition of your roof, you're either looking at minor maintenance or major repair. A little bit of maintenance can fall anywhere between $150 to $1,500. Many homeowners like to take care of minor stuff themselves, but if you’re unsure of what to do or you’re concerned about your safety, then you should leave those minor fixes to the professionals.
Major repairs call for specialized knowledge and they are going to cost more. You can expect major roofing repairs to range from $1,500 to $7,000.
What is the typical cost per square foot that roofers charge?
Services for your roof can be between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the labor and materials. Needless to say, how expensive it will be will differ depending on what materials are being used for your project.
What is the typical duration to replace a roof?
The amount of time that is needed for a roofing contractor to do a replacement will be based on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also many other factors to consider. The typical roof for a residential property is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofer can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into account is the weather report in Lanham, MD. Storms will make working conditions unpleasant and this will push out the timeline. If a storm is expected to happen during your replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to finish.
The layout of your roof is an important factor that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roofer can approximate a timeline for the job.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors near Lanham, MD
If you need to hire a roofing repair or roofing replacement company in Lanham, MD, there's a convenient way to go about it. The roofing companies featured on Thumbtack have the skills and qualifications you need for your project. You can find someone who takes the effort to make sure that the best customer service is provided and that you get total satisfaction on your roof replacement.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is needed so that their property stays in good condition. It’s smart to keep on top of repairs in order to prevent the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Do you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services? With the exception of having leaks or other obvious issues, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a smart decision.
- The Age of Your Roof: In general, 20-25 years is expected of a roof. If you know your roof has been around for longer, you may want to call a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and requires attention at once. A roofing repair contractor can remediate the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to allow snow and rain to stream through the valleys and into your gutters. If there aren't any shingles in place or they've deteriorated, you could experience some leaks.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you notice there are shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs attention. A roof inspection will identify damaged shingles and provide first-rate repairs to prevent leaks from causing more damage.
No one should deal with a dilapidated roof when there are so many professional contractors available to assist. With our easy-to-use app, you can find quality roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Lanham, MD. Find the perfect contractor for your home now.