Find a roofer in Greensboro, Maryland
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
What should I anticipate to pay a roofing contractor for replacement services?
It’s hard to come up with an exact amount on how much a replacement is going to come out to because there are a few things that will influence the overall cost. Commonly, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the project and the products being used. The cost of your roof replacement will be factored by the products you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Estimating the size of your roof can also be challenging if your roof is more intricate because you’ll have to factor in various angles. Here's how a roofing professional can be of assistance. They’ll be able to decipher the square footage of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof.
How much can it cost to repair the roof?
When it comes to the condition of your roof, you're either looking at major or minor repairs. A little bit of maintenance can cost about $150 to $1,500. Many homeowners like to do the minor stuff themselves, but if you’re not certain of how to do them or you’re concerned about your safety, then you should contact a roofer.
Any repairs that are major do require the attention of a roofer and they do cost more. You can expect major roofing repairs to be in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
What is the typical pricing per square foot for roofing services?
Roofing services can be around $4 to $40 per square foot, and this will account for the materials and the labor. Of course, the cost per square foot will change with the products that are being used for your project.
How long does it take to build a roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofing contractor will be based on the size of your roof, but there are also many other things to consider. The typical residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so on average, a roofer can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the projected weather in Greensboro, MD. Bad weather will put a damper on work and this will extend the timeline. If this is going on during your replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is an important factor that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofer is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roofer will be able to approximate a timeline for the project.
Roofing Maintenance Services near Greensboro, MD
Thumbtack is the perfect home management platform that helps you hire roofing maintenance contractors in Greensboro, MD. See what others have to say, talk directly with the roofing maintenance contractor you’re interested in, get an estimate, and more all from one convenient app.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is needed to keep their property in good condition. It’s best to stay on top of repairs to avoid having to pay the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to reach out to a roofing replacement or roofing repair professional, but here are some other aspects to take into account:
- Age: In general, 20-25 years is expected of a roof. If you know your roof is older than that, it might be time to contact a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and requires to be attended to. An established roof repair contractor can remediate the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters in addition to inspecting your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see that a few of them are discolored, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't sustain more damages.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with a hassle-free option to find the right companies to address your roofing needs. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the job is streamlined with our platform.