Find a roofer in Great Mills, Maryland
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
How long does it typically take to restore a roof?
The time that is needed for a roofing contractor to do a replacement really depends on the measurements of your roof, but there are also many other factors to think about. The average roof for a residential property is around 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you need to take into account is the weather report in your area. Storms will make working conditions less than ideal and this is going to delay the project. If bad weather is supposed to take place during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to complete.
The style of your roof is an important factor that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofer is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roofer will be able to come up with a timeline for the job.
What is the proper time to schedule an inspection for my roof?
The majority of roofing contractors recommend biannual inspections for your roof, and the reason why is because routine inspections have been proven to increase the longevity of your roof. Another thing to think about is, by not getting an inspection done, the warranty on your roof could be waived.
What is the normal cost charged by roofing experts for a replacement project?
It’s hard to narrow down how much a new roof is going to cost you since there are several factors that will determine the overall cost. Typically, replacing your roof is in the range of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the materials used. The price of your new roof will be calculated by the materials you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be tricky if your roof is more complex since you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing professional can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to determine the square footage of your roof and give you a better estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
What cost can be expected to fix my roof?
Concerning the condition of your roof, you're either looking at minor maintenance or major repair. A little bit of maintenance can cost about $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to do the minor stuff themselves, but if you’re unsure of how to do them or you’re concerned about your safety, then you should contact a roofer.
Major repairs do require specialized knowledge and they are going to be more expensive. You can anticipate your major repairs ranging between $1,500 to $7,000.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors near Great Mills, MD
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement platform that helps you connect with roofing repair and roofing replacement professionals in Great Mills, MD. See what others have to say, talk directly with the roofing maintenance contractor want to hire, schedule a service appointment, and pay all from one convenient app.
Our site also compiles useful data to help you before you start sifting through our network of vetted roofing companies.
Regularly, scheduled inspections can help you stay on top of any damage before it degrades any further and lets you prolong the lifespan of your roof. How can you tell when you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services? You may realize there are certain signs of wear including:
- The Age of Your Roof: Approximately 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts. If you know your roof is older than that, you may want to call a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and needs attention immediately. A roofing repair contractor can fix the issue before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find an accumulation of granules from your shingles in your gutters, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing maintenance specialist will make sure your gutters are clean and functioning properly.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and prevent water. A roofing contractor can fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles will let you know if it's time for them to be replaced. If you notice some of them are discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more extensive damages.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you an easy solution to find the best companies to address your roofing needs. Whether you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the process is made easier with our platform.