Find a roofer in Glen Echo, Maryland
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most budget friendly solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are strong and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any residential property.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They normally have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can always purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the probability of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential homes and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. If the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a smart idea to get routine inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
Despite what season it is, you can get your roof replaced. However, fall is the most common time of year to get roof replacement services. Since it is a great time for roof replacements, it can be a challenge to book time with a professional. This is why waiting later in the year could be an easier time for services.
Many professionals who specialize in roofing have more down time during the winter, but you could have more delays because of erratic weather. And summer has the same issue as winter, but rather than being cold, you’d be dealing with heat.
Spring is also not a bad time for roof replacement services. Even though there's a chance it can still be wet and somewhat unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a quality roof is so essential is because it protects your property, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that provides security for the rest of your property. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. So if your roof is in poor condition, you could get leaks in your home, and this can cause other problems.
Your roof also does a lot for your property value. Since it’s such an important part of your property, a well-maintained roof illustrates a great deal of stability. If you were to sell, a buyer would be thrilled about your property if it has a solid, durable roof protecting it.
Finally, everyone is delighted with an energy efficient house. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your house keeps a consistent temperature.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Glen Echo, MarylandHome // Maryland // Glen Echo
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies in Glen Echo, Maryland
If you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Glen Echo, Maryland, there's a convenient way to go about it. The roofing experts you'll discover on Thumbtack have the skills and experience you need for your project. You can find the right candidate who takes extra measures in making sure that the best customer service is provided and that you get quality services on your roofing project.
It's important to have a a structure over your head that you can rely on at any time during the year. For a safe house with a roof designed to last, you can hire the best roofing replacement and roofing repair companies through Thumbtack.
Are you looking for roofing replacement and roofing repair services? With the exception of having leaks or other glaring concerns, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a smart choice.
- The Age of Your Roof: Approximately 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts. If you think your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to call a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a serious issue and requires immediate attention. A roofing repair contractor can fix the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a promising sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters in addition to inspecting your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar or roof cement you may want a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, curled, or missing shingles should be swapped out with new ones by an expert. Routine inspections will also help you address problems like this and avoid leaks.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with an easy option to hire the right companies for roofing replacement and roofing repair services. No matter if you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is made easier with our platform.