Find a roofer in Germantown, Maryland
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most affordable materials for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are reliable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any house.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do require some attention more often than the more pricier materials. They usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can always buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the probability of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential spaces and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a good choice to get regular inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this usually means you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
Despite what time of year it is, you can contact a professional for roof replacement services. However, fall is the most common time of year to get roof replacement services. Since it is a good time for roof replacements, it can be a challenge to book time with a professional. This is why waiting later in the year could be a better time to book.
A lot of professionals who specialize in roofing are slow during the colder months, but you could be putting up with more severe weather conditions. Summer is kind of like winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be putting up with heat.
Spring can also be good for roof replacement services. While the weather can still be wet and slightly uncertain, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a stable roof is because it protects your home, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that offers protection for the rest of your home. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, which can cause other problems.
Your roof also does a lot for your curb appeal. Because it’s such a fundamental part of your home, a well-maintained roof illustrates a great deal of stability. If you were to sell, a home buyer would be thrilled about your home if it has a solid, stable roof over it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient house delights anyone. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your house maintains a consistent temperature.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Germantown, MarylandHome // Maryland // Germantown
Roofing Maintenance Companies near Germantown, MD
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management platform that helps you hire roofing repair and roofing replacement professionals in Germantown, MD. See what other customers have to say, talk directly with the roofing maintenance company you’re interested in, schedule a service appointment, and pay all from one convenient app.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is always required to keep their property in a favorable condition. It’s best to stay on top of repairs in order to prevent an expensive roof replacement.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to get in touch with a roofing repair or roofing replacement company, but listed below are some other things to consider about your roof:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years, so if you think your roof is older than that, you may want to call a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get immediate repairs if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can cause serious problems. Professional roofing repairs will remediate the issue and avoid a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to allow snow and rain to stream through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there are shingles missing or they've deteriorated, you could experience some leaks.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to seal joints and prevent water. Contact a roofing maintenance company to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs an inspection. Roofing maintenance services will identify damaged shingles and provide quality repairs to prevent leaks from doing further damage.
No one should deal with a dilapidated roof when there are so many qualified contractors available to help. With our easy-to-use platform, you can find quality roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Germantown, MD. Find the right contractor for your property right away.