Find a roofer in Galena, Maryland
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the size of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things to consider. The typical residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into account is the weather forecast in your area. Poor weather will put a stop to work and this is going to delay the job. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to complete.
The style of your roof is an important thing that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor will be able to come up with the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are durable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any house.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They normally have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential homes and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a wise idea to get regular inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to narrow down how much a roof replacement is going to cost you since there are a few things that will establish the overall cost. Commonly, a new roof is in the range of $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the project and the products being used. The price of your new roof will be determined by the products you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be difficult if your roof is more complex since you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing specialist can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to determine the measurements of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the price of your roof.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services near Galena, Maryland
If you need to hire a roofing repair or roofing replacement contractor in Galena, Maryland, there's a convenient way to go about it. The roofing experts featured on our site have the knowledge and experience you’re searching for. You can find someone who takes extra measures in making sure that the best customer service is implemented and that you get complete satisfaction on your roof replacement.
It's important to have a a structure over your head that you can rely on throughout any season. For a secure house with a roof made to last, you can find the best roofing repair and roofing replacement companies through Thumbtack.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to reach out to a roofing repair or roofing replacement professional, but listed below are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- Age: In general, 20-25 years is expected of a roof, so if you think your roof is older than that, it might be time to contact a roofer to come inspect it.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a roofer immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can cause serious issues. Roofing repairs done by an expert will resolve the problem and avoid a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find an accumulation of granules from your shingles in your gutters, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance contractor will make sure your gutters are clean and cleared out.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to protect joints and stop water penetration. Contact a roofing maintenance contractor to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Inspecting your shingles will let you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more damages.
No one should put up with a damaged roof when there are so many licensed contractors ready to assist. With our user-friendly platform, you can get quality roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Galena, Maryland. Find the perfect contractor for your property now.