Find a roofer in Gaithersburg, Maryland
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time that is needed to replace a roof is dependent on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also many other factors to consider. The typical roof for a residence is about 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you should take into account is the weather forecast in Gaithersburg, MD. Poor weather will put a stop to work and this will push out the timeline. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to complete.
The style of your roof is another thing that you should consider. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist can come up with the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most cost-effective solution for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are strong and do a great job of protecting your home while being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any house.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They normally have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to get higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential homes and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. If your roof is around this age, it’s a smart choice to get regular inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a great barrier for the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to come up with precise amount on how much a roof replacement is going to come out to because there are a few factors that will determine the total cost. Commonly, replacing your roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the products being used. The price of your new roof will be determined by the products you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be difficult if your roof is more intricate because you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing expert can be of assistance. They’ll be able to figure out the square footage of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the price of your roof.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Gaithersburg, MarylandHome // Maryland // Gaithersburg
Roofing Maintenance Services near Gaithersburg, MD
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management platform that helps you hire roofing replacement and roofing repair professionals in Gaithersburg, MD. See what others have to say, communicate directly with the roofing replacement contractor you’re interested in, get an estimate, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is needed so that their property stays in a favorable condition. It’s best to stay on top of repairs in order to prevent an expensive roof replacement.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to get in touch with a roofing maintenance professional, but listed below are some other aspects to take into account:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years, so if you know your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to call a roofer to come check it out.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and requires immediate attention. A roofing repair contractor can fix the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing repair contractor will make sure your gutters are clean and functioning properly.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or broken flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you notice there are shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs to be looked at. Roofing maintenance services will identify deteriorated shingles and provide top-notch repairs to avoid leaks from doing further damage.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you a convenient way to find the best companies to address your roofing needs. No matter if you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the job is made easier with our app.