Find a roofer in Finksburg, Maryland
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the size of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things involved. The typical residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the weather forecast in Finksburg, Maryland. Storms will put a damper on work and this can really delay the job. If a storm is supposed to happen during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is another thing that you should consider. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement contractor can estimate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most budget friendly materials for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are durable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any residential property.
However, asphalt shingles do require some attention more often than the more pricier products. They typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can always get higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential houses and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. If your roof is around this age, it’s a smart idea to get routine inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a defensive barrier for the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to know exactly how much a roof replacement is going to cost you because there are several things that will determine the total cost. Commonly, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the project and the products used. The cost of your new roof will be calculated by the products you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be difficult if your roof is more complex because you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing contractor can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to calculate the measurements of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Finksburg, MarylandHome // Maryland // Finksburg
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies near Finksburg, Maryland
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management site that helps you connect with roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors in Finksburg, Maryland. See what experiences other people have had, talk directly with the roofing maintenance contractor want to hire, schedule an appointment, and more all from one convenient app.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is needed to keep their property in good condition. It’s best to keep on top of repairs in order to prevent an expensive roof replacement.
Routine checkups can help you keep up with any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and lets you extend the life of your roof. So, how can you tell when you need professional, roofing repair and roofing replacement services? You may notice certain things to look out for, including:
- Age: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years, so if you think your roof is older than that, it might be time to call a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a roofer immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can cause serious issues. Roofing repairs done by a professional will resolve the problem and avoid replacement services.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to let snow and rain flow through the valleys downward to your gutters. If there are shingles missing or they've deteriorated, you could experience some leaks.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to seal joints and prevent water. A roofer can fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are ripped, curled, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs an inspection. A roof inspection will identify damaged shingles and provide top-notch repairs to avoid leaks from causing further damage.
No one should put up with a dilapidated roof when there are so many professional contractors available to help. With our easy-to-use app, you can get quality roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Finksburg, Maryland. Get the roofing maintenance services you need for your house today.