Find a roofer in Emmitsburg, Maryland
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a stable roof is so fundamental for you is because it provides security for your property, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that offers security for the rest of your home. It blocks out severe weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, you could get leaks in your home, and this can cause other problems.
Your roof also does a lot for your property value. Because it’s such a fundamental part of your property, a well-maintained roof shows a great deal of stability. In a situation where you are selling, a home buyer would be thrilled about your property if it has a strong, steady roof protecting it.
Lastly, everyone is happy with an energy efficient house. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your house keeps a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time that is needed to replace a roof really depends on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also many other factors involved. The average roof for a residential property is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the weather report in your area. Storms will make working conditions unpleasant and this is going to push out the timeline. If a storm is supposed to take place during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to finish.
The complexity of your roof is an important thing that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional can approximate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most budget friendly solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are durable and serve the purpose of protecting your property while being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any home.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They normally have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to get higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential homes and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. When the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a smart choice to get consistent inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this usually means you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your property, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Emmitsburg, MarylandHome // Maryland // Emmitsburg
Roofing Maintenance Services in Emmitsburg, Maryland
Thumbtack is the perfect home management platform that helps you find roofing replacement and roofing repair professionals in Emmitsburg, Maryland. See what other customers have to say, communicate directly with the roofing repair company want to hire, get an estimate, and more all from one convenient app.
Our platform also collects a wealth of information to help you before you start sifting through our network of vetted roofing contractors.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to get in touch with a roofing maintenance professional, but listed below are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- Age: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years. If you think your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to contact a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood that make your roof can end up warping or are bending under pressure.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a good sign. A roofing repair company will clean your gutters while inspecting your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to protect joints and prevent water penetration. A roofer can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid water leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, warped, or missing shingles should be replaced by an expert. Regular repair services will help you address problems like this and avoid leaks.
It's unnecessary to deal with a damaged roof when there are so many qualified contractors available to help. With our user-friendly app, you can get quality roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Emmitsburg, Maryland. Find the right contractor for your house now.