Find a roofer in Eden, Maryland
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a quality roof is because it protects your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the protective barrier for your entire home. It blocks out harsh weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, you could have some leaks in your home, which can cause other problems.
Your roof also does a lot for your property value. Since it’s such an essential part of your home, a well-maintained roof shows a great deal of stability. In a situation where you are selling, a home buyer would be much more excited about your home if it has a solid, durable roof protecting it.
Finally, everyone is happy with an energy efficient property. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your house keeps a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also many other things involved. The average roof for a house is about 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you should take into account is the projected weather in your area. Storms will make working conditions unpleasant and this is going to stall the job. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is an important thing that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist can come up with the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are durable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any residential property.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier options. They normally have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential homes and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a wise idea to get regular inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire home, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors in Eden, Maryland
If you need roofing maintenance services in Eden, Maryland, there's no better way to find them. The roofing companies featured on Thumbtack have the skills and experience you need for your project. You can find the right candidate who takes extra measures in making sure that the finest customer service is provided and that you get complete satisfaction on your roof replacement.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is needed so that their property stays in good condition. It’s smart to keep on top of repairs to avoid having to pay an expensive roof replacement.
Routine appointments can help you stay on top of any damage before it degrades any further and lets you extend the lifespan of your roof. How can you tell when you need roofing maintenance services? You may notice certain things to look out for, such as:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of a leaky roof. A professional roofing contractor can fix the issue as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get immediate repairs if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can cause serious problems. Roofing repairs done by a professional will resolve the issue and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is built to allow snow and rain to stream through the valleys downward to your gutters. If there are shingles missing or they've deteriorated, you could experience some leaks.
- Broken flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing company to fix worn out, missing, or faulty flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you notice there are shingles that are ripped, curled, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs to be looked at. A roof inspection will identify deteriorated shingles and provide quality repairs to avoid leaks from causing more damage.
It's unnecessary to deal with a run-down roof when there are so many licensed roofers ready to assist. With our streamlined app, you can get quality roofing maintenance services in Eden, Maryland. Get the roofing maintenance services you need for your property today.