Find a roofer in Earleville, Maryland
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors involved. The average residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so normally, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into account is the weather report in Earleville, MD. Storms will make working conditions less than ideal and this will push out the timeline. If bad weather is supposed to take place during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is an important thing that you should think about. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional can approximate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most cost-effective solution for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are reliable and do a fantastic job of protecting your home while being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look good on any home.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the probability of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential spaces and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a good idea to get consistent inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a defensive barrier for your entire home, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to pinpoint exactly how much a roof replacement is going to cost you since there are a few factors that will influence the total cost. Typically, replacing your roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the materials being used. The price of your new roof will be calculated by the materials you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be challenging if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing professional can be of assistance. They’ll be able to calculate the square footage of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
Roofing Maintenance Contractors in Earleville, MD
You can count on Thumbtack to make your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services more convenient in Earleville, MD. Our streamlined platform gives you all the convenience you need, which means you can search through various profiles and come up with some options. We facilitate the vetting process by providing you useful information to in-depth customer reviews, pricing, years in business, and more. Start your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair company here on Thumbtack and hire the right professional for your project.
Our platform also collects useful data to help you prior to sifting through our network of vetted roofing professionals.
For the most part you'll know when you need to get in touch with a roofing repair or roofing replacement company, but listed below are some other aspects to take into account:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are indicative of a leaky roof. A good roofer can fix the issue as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and requires immediate attention. A roofing repair company can fix the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a promising sign. A roofing maintenance company will clean your gutters while checking up on your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and stop water penetration. Contact a roofing maintenance company to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid water leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are ripped, curled, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs to be looked at. Roofing maintenance services will identify deteriorated shingles and provide timely repairs to avoid leaks from doing more damage.
Hire a contractor who can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair an easy process. When you’ve found the right fit, it’s just a matter of getting your estimate and scheduling an appointment to get your roof in order.