Find a roofer in Clarksburg, Maryland
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors involved. The average residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the projected weather in Clarksburg, Maryland. Poor weather will make working conditions unpleasant and this can really postpone the project. If a storm is supposed to happen during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to complete.
The style of your roof is an important factor that you should think about. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement contractor can approximate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most cost-effective solution for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are durable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your property needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look good on any house.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can also purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the probability of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential properties and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. If the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a wise idea to get regular inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a protective barrier for the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to know exactly how much a roof replacement is going to cost you since there are several factors that will establish the total cost. Commonly, replacing your roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the materials being used. The cost of your new roof will be calculated by the materials you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Measuring the size of your roof can also be hard if your roof is more intricate since you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing expert can be of assistance. They’ll be able to decipher the measurements of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the cost of your roof.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Clarksburg, MarylandHome // Maryland // Clarksburg
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors in Clarksburg, Maryland
Thumbtack is the perfect home management platform that helps you connect with roofing repair and roofing replacement professionals in Clarksburg, Maryland. See what experiences other people have had, talk directly with the roofing replacement company want to hire, get a quote, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
Our site also puts together a wealth of information to help you before you start sifting through our database of vetted roofing professionals.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to get in touch with a roofing repair or roofing replacement contractor, but listed below are some other things to consider about your roof:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of a leaky roof. A professional roofer can make repairs right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get immediate repairs if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can lead to worse issues. Quality roofing repairs will remediate the problem and avoid a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find an accumulation of granules in your gutters from your shingles, it could indicate that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance specialist will keep your gutters clean and functioning properly.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing lets water penetrate the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing company to fix deteriorating, missing, or broken flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you notice there are shingles that are ripped, curled, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs an inspection. Roofing maintenance services will identify deteriorated shingles and provide quality repairs to prevent leaks from causing further damage.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you a hassle-free option to find the best professionals for roofing repair and roofing replacement services. No matter if you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the job is streamlined through our platform.