Find a roofer in Cambridge, Maryland
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
Which is the perfect time for roofing services?
While you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year have your roof serviced. But because it is a good time for roofing services, it can be a challenge to book time with a contractor. This means that waiting later in the year could be a better time to call a contractor.
A lot of roofing companies are slow during the colder months, but you could have more delays because of severe weather. Summer is sort of like winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be putting up with high heat.
Spring can also be good for roofing services. While there's a chance it can still be wet and partially uncertain, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be uncovered.
What should I expect to pay per square foot for a roofing expert's services?
Services for your roof can be about $4 to $40 per square foot, and this will account for the roofing products and the labor. Needless to say, the cost factor will vary depending on what materials are being used for the job.
What's the estimated time needed for constructing a replacement roof?
The time it takes for a roofing contractor to do a replacement really depends on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors involved. The typical residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into account is the projected weather in your area. Bad weather will make working conditions unpleasant and this can really stall the job. If this is going on during your replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to get done.
The layout of your roof is an important thing that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofer is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roofer can estimate a timeline for the job.
What is the correct occasion to book a roof inspection?
The majority of roofing contractors recommend twice-yearly roof inspections, and the reason why is because regular inspections have been proven to increase the longevity of your roof. Another thing to think about is, by not getting a roofing inspection done, any warranty you have could be voided.
Roofing Maintenance Services near Cambridge, Maryland
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management site that helps you find roofing maintenance contractors in Cambridge, Maryland. See what experiences other customers have had, communicate directly with the roofing replacement contractor you’re interested in, book a service appointment, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
Our app also compiles a wealth of information to help you prior to browsing through our database of vetted roofing companies.
Do you need roofing maintenance services? Apart from having leaks or other glaring problems, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a smart choice.
- Age: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years. If you think your roof has been around for longer, you may want to contact a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a contractor immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can lead to serious issues. Roofing repairs done by an expert will resolve the issue and avoid replacement services.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to allow snow and rain to stream through the valleys and into your gutters. If there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you notice there are shingles that are cracked, curled, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs to be looked at. Roofing maintenance services will identify deteriorated shingles and provide top-notch repairs to prevent leaks from causing further damage.
Hire a contractor who can make your roofing maintenance an easy process. When you’ve found the contractor you want, it’s just a matter of requesting a quote and scheduling an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.