Find a roofer in Bowie, Maryland
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are durable and serve the purpose of protecting your property while being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look good on any home.
However, asphalt shingles do require some attention more often than the more pricier products. They normally have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can also purchase higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the probability of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential properties and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. When the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a good choice to get routine inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this does mean you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a protective barrier for the rest of your property, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
No matter what season it is, you can get your roof replaced. However, fall is the most popular time of year for a roof replacement. But because it is a popular time for roof replacements, it can be a challenge to book time with a professional. This means that waiting until winter could be an easier time for an appointment.
Many professionals who specialize in roofing are slow during the colder months, but you could be dealing with more erratic weather conditions. And summer is similar to winter, but instead of wet and cold conditions, you’d be dealing with high heat.
Spring is also not a bad time for roof replacement services. Even though there's a chance it can still be wet and rather uncertain, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be repaired.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a stable roof is because it protects your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the defensive barrier for the rest of your house. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. So if your roof is in poor condition, you could experience leaks in your home, and this can cause other problems.
Your roof also does a lot for your curb appeal. Because it’s such a fundamental component of your property, a roof in good condition illustrates a reliable property. If you were looking to sell, a buyer would be enthusiastic about your property if it has a solid, durable roof protecting it.
Lastly, everyone is content with an energy efficient home. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your home keeps a comfortable temperature.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Bowie, MarylandHome // Maryland // Bowie
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies in Bowie, MD
Thumbtack is the perfect home management platform that helps you hire roofing repair and roofing replacement companies in Bowie, MD. See what others have to say, communicate directly with the roofing replacement company you’re interested in, get an estimate, and more all from one convenient app.
It's essential to have a roof you can depend on for your house at any time during the year. For a secure home with a roof made to last, you can find the best roofing repair and roofing replacement companies through Thumbtack.
Do you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services? Apart from having leaks or other glaring problems, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a wise choice.
- Age: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years, so if you think your roof is older than that, you may want to contact a roofer to come inspect it.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and needs immediate attention. A roofing repair company can remediate the issue before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules from your shingles in your gutters, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing repair contractor will make sure your gutters are clean and functioning properly.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected will let you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more extensive damages.
Hire a company that can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement an easy process. Once you’ve found the contractor you want, then it's just getting your estimate and scheduling an appointment to get your roof in order.