Find a roofer in Bethesda, Maryland
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Roofing Repair & Replacement Professionals nearRoof Repair and Maintenance // Maryland // Bethesda
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
When is the best time for roofing services?
Despite what time of year it is, you can get roofing services. However, fall is the most popular time of year have your roof serviced. Since it is a popular time for these services, it can be a challenge to schedule time with a contractor. This means that waiting until winter could be an easier time to book.
Many roofers are slow during the colder months, but you could be putting up with more erratic weather. Summer is kind of like winter, but instead of wet and cold conditions, you’d be putting up with high heat.
Spring is also not a bad time for roofing services. While the weather can still be wet and slightly uncertain, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be uncovered.
How much is the rate for most roofing contractors per square foot?
Services for your roof can hover around $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the materials being used and the labor. Needless to say, the cost per square foot will change with the products that are being used for the job.
What is the typical period of time for a roof replacement?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofing contractor is dependent on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things involved. The average roof for a residential property is about 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so generally speaking, a roofer can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Bad weather will make working conditions unpleasant and this will push out the timeline. If bad weather is expected to take place during your replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to finish.
The layout of your roof is an important factor that you should consider. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roofer will be able to estimate the hours for the project.
At what time should I consider having an inspection done for my roof?
The majority of roofing contractors recommend biannual inspections for your roof since routine check-ups have been proven to increase the longevity of your roof. Something to think about is, by not having a roofing inspection done, the warranty on your roof could be waived.
Roofing Maintenance Contractors near Bethesda, Maryland
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement site that helps you hire roofing maintenance contractors in Bethesda, Maryland. See what other customers have to say, communicate directly with the roofing maintenance company you’re interested in, get an estimate, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
It's crucial to have a roof you can depend on for your house throughout any season. For a secure home with a roof designed to last, you can find the best roofing maintenance contractors through Thumbtack.
Do you need roofing maintenance services? With the exception of having leaks or other glaring problems, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a wise choice.
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are a sign of a leaky roof. A professional roofing contractor can make repairs as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a serious problem and needs immediate attention. A roofing repair company can remediate the issue before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing repair company will clean your gutters in addition to inspecting your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, warped, or missing shingles will need to be replaced by a roofer. Regular inspections will also help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
It's unnecessary to put up with a damaged roof when there are so many licensed roofers available to help. With our easy-to-use app, you can find quality roofing maintenance services in Bethesda, Maryland. Find the right contractor for your house right away.