Find a roofer in Berlin, Maryland
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time that is needed to replace a roof will be based on the measurements of your roof, but there are also many other things to think about. The average roof for a house is about 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so normally, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you should take into account is the weather report in your area. Storms will put a damper on work and this can really delay the job. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to get done.
The layout of your roof is an important factor that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional can estimate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most budget friendly solution for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are reliable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any residential property.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier products. They normally have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to buy higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the likelihood of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential properties and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a good idea to get consistent inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to narrow down how much a new roof is going to come out to because there are a few things that will influence the total cost. Typically, replacing your roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the materials being used. The price of your new roof will be factored by the materials you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Estimating the size of your roof can also be hard if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing expert can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to decipher the square footage of your roof and give you a better estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
Roofing Maintenance Contractors near Berlin, Maryland
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement site that helps you find roofing repair and roofing replacement professionals in Berlin, Maryland. See what other customers have to say, communicate directly with the roofing maintenance company want to hire, book an appointment, and pay all from one convenient app.
Our app also compiles a wealth of information to help you before you start browsing through our database of vetted roofing companies.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to reach out to a roofing replacement or roofing repair contractor, but listed below are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- Age: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years, so if you know your roof is older than that, you may want to call a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and requires to be attended to. An established roof repair company can fix the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is built to allow snow and rain to stream through the valleys and into your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they've deteriorated, you may get some leakage.
- Broken flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing company to fix worn out, missing, or damaged flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles can help you know if it's time for them to be replaced. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more damages.
Hire a company that can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement a streamlined and satisfactory process. When you’ve found the contractor you want, it’s just a matter of requesting a estimate and setting up an appointment to get your roof in order.