Find a roofer in Bel Air, Maryland
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What is the best season for roofing work?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year have your roof serviced. But because it is a great time for these services, it can be difficult to schedule time with a roofer. This means that winter could be an easier time for an appointment.
A lot of roofing contractors are slow during the colder months, but you could be putting up with more severe weather. And summer has the same issue as winter, but instead of wet and cold conditions, you’d be putting up with heat.
Spring can also be good for roofing services. While there's a chance it can still be wet and slightly unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be uncovered.
What is the normal price roofers charge per square foot?
Roofing services can be between $4 to $40 per square foot, and this will account for the labor and materials. Of course, the cost factor will vary with the products that are being used for your project.
What is the typical duration for a roof rebuild?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofing contractor really depends on the size of your roof, however, there are also many other things to think about. The typical residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into account is the projected weather in your area. Poor weather will put a damper on work and this is going to stall the job. If bad weather is supposed to take place during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is another factor that you should think about. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roofing contractor can come up with the hours for the job.
What is the right occasion to book a roof inspection?
Many roofers recommend twice-yearly roof inspections, and the reason why is because routine check-ups are the best things to increase the longevity of your roof. Something to think about is, by not having an inspection done, the warranty on your roof could be voided.
Roofing Maintenance Contractors in Bel Air, Maryland
Thumbtack is the perfect home management platform that helps you hire roofing repair and roofing replacement professionals in Bel Air, Maryland. See what other customers have to say, communicate directly with the roofing maintenance company you’re interested in, get a quote, and more all from one convenient app.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is necessary to keep their property in a favorable condition. It’s smart to stay on top of repairs to avoid having to pay the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Routine inspections can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and lets you extend the lifespan of your roof. So, how do you know it's necessary to get a licensed, roofing repair and roofing replacement company to come out to your home? You may realize there are certain signs of wear such as:
- The Age of Your Roof: In general, 20-25 years is expected of a roof, so if you think your roof is older than that, you may want to call a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get repairs at once if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can cause worse issues. Quality roofing repairs will resolve the problem and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a good sign. A roofing repair company will clean your gutters in addition to examining your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing company to fix worn out, missing, or broken flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Inspecting your shingles will let you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see that some of them are discolored, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't sustain more damages.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with an easy way to hire the right companies to address your roofing needs. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is streamlined with our app.