Find a roofer in Barstow, Maryland
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the size of your roof, but there are also many other things involved. The average roof for a house is about 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so normally, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you should take into account is the projected weather in Barstow, Maryland. Bad weather will make working conditions unpleasant and this is going to stall the job. If bad weather is expected to take place during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to finish.
The style of your roof is another thing that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist will be able to approximate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most affordable solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are durable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any home.
However, asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require some attention more often than the more expensive materials. They normally have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can always buy higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential spaces and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. When your roof is around this age, it’s a smart idea to get routine inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this usually means you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your home, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to pinpoint exactly how much a roof replacement is going to come out to since there are a few things that will determine the total cost. Typically, replacing your roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the job and the products used. The price of your roof replacement will be determined by the products you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be challenging if your roof is more intricate since you’ll have to factor in various angles. This is where a roofing expert can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to decipher the square footage of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services near Barstow, Maryland
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement site that helps you find roofing maintenance companies in Barstow, Maryland. See what other customers have to say, talk directly with the roofing maintenance contractor you’re interested in, get a quote, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
Our platform also puts together a wealth of information to help you prior to browsing through our network of qualified roofing companies.
Routine appointments can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and allows you to prolong the life of your roof. How can you tell when you need a licensed, roofing maintenance contractor to come out to your home? You may notice certain signs of wear including:
- Age: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years. If you know your roof is older than that, you may want to contact a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and requires to be attended to. A roofing repair contractor can remediate the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a promising sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters while inspecting your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and prevent water penetration. A roofing contractor can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid water leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected will let you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more damages.
Hire a company that can make your roofing maintenance a streamlined process. When you’ve found the right fit, then it's just requesting a estimate and setting up an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.