Find a roofer in Barclay, Maryland
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the size of your roof, however, there are also many other factors to think about. The typical roof for a residential property is about 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so on average, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you need to take into account is the weather report in your area. Storms will make working conditions less than ideal and this is going to extend the timeline. If bad weather is supposed to take place during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is another factor that you should think about. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement contractor will be able to estimate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most cost-effective materials for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are durable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any home.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can always purchase higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential houses and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. If the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a smart idea to get routine inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this usually means you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your home, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to come up with an exact amount on how much a new roof is going to cost you since there are several factors that will establish the total cost. Commonly, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the products used. The price of your new roof will be factored by the products you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be tricky if your roof is more intricate since you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing expert can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to determine the measurements of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the price of your roof.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies near Barclay, MD
If you need to hire a roofing replacement or roofing repair company in Barclay, MD, then our platform is the answer. The roofing experts featured on our site have the knowledge and qualifications you’re looking for. You can find the best roofing contractor who takes extra measures in making sure that the best customer service is provided and that you get quality services on your roofing maintenance.
It's essential to have a roof you can rely on for your house at any time during the year. For a safe home with a roof designed to last, you can hire the best roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors through Thumbtack.
Do you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services? With the exception of having leaks or other obvious concerns, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a wise choice.
- Age: Approximately 20-25 years is expected of a roof. If you think your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to contact a roofer to come inspect it.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood that make your roof can end up warping or are bending over time.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find an accumulation of granules from your shingles in your gutters, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance contractor will keep your gutters clean and cleared out.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to protect joints and stop water. Contact a roofing repair company to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are ripped, curled, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs to be looked at. A roof inspection will identify worn-out shingles and provide top-notch repairs to prevent leaks from doing more damage.
Hire someone who can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement an easy and satisfactory process. When you’ve found the right fit, it’s just a matter of getting your estimate and scheduling an appointment to get your roof in order.