Find a roofer in Baltimore, Maryland
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most affordable materials for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are strong and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any home.
However, asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require maintenance more often than the more expensive products. They usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to get higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential homes and these usually have a 15-20 year warranty. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a smart idea to get routine inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this usually means you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your home, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
Even though you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year to get roof replacement services. But because it is a common time for a replacement, it can be difficult to schedule time with a contractor. This means that winter could be a more convenient time to schedule.
Many roofing contractors are slow during the colder months, but you could be putting up with more erratic weather conditions. And summer is similar to winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be putting up with heat.
Spring is also not a terrible time for roof replacements. Even though there's a chance it can still be wet and partially unpredictable, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a stable roof is so essential is because it protects your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the defensive barrier for your entire property. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, you could have some leaks in your home, which can cause other problems.
Your roof also contributes to your curb appeal. Since it’s such a fundamental component of your home, a roof in good condition shows a reliable property. If you were to sell, a buyer would be thrilled about your home if it has a solid, stable roof over it.
Finally, everyone is delighted with an energy efficient home. It means your energy bills are lower and that your house maintains a consistent temperature.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies near Baltimore, Maryland
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management platform that helps you find roofing repair and roofing replacement professionals in Baltimore, Maryland. See what experiences other people have had, talk directly with the roofing maintenance contractor want to hire, get a quote, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
Our site also compiles useful data to help you before you start sifting through our network of licensed roofing contractors.
Are you looking for roofing repair and roofing replacement services? With the exception of leakage or other glaring problems, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a wise choice.
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years, so if you know your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to call a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards that make your roof can end up warping or are bending under pressure.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance contractor will make sure your gutters are clean and functioning properly.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to protect joints and prevent water. A roofer can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If a patch of them are very discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more damages.
Find someone who can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement an easy and satisfactory process. When you’ve found the contractor you want, it’s just a matter of getting your quote and setting up an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.