Find a roofer in Ashton, Maryland
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Roofing Repair & Replacement Professionals nearRoof Repair and Maintenance // Maryland // Ashton
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
What is the usual period of time to rebuild a roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofing contractor will be based on the measurements of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors to think about. The average residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofer can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Storms will put a stop to work and this is going to delay the job. If a storm is supposed to happen during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to finish.
The style of your roof is another thing that you should consider. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roofer can approximate the hours for the project.
What is a good time for scheduling a roofing appointment?
Most roofing contractors advise getting biannual inspections for your roof since routine check-ups are the best things to increase the longevity of your roof. Something to think about is, by not getting an evaluation done, the warranty on your roof could be voided.
What should I anticipate to pay a roofing contractor for a roof replacement job?
It’s challenging to narrow down how much a replacement is going to come out to since there are a few factors that will influence the total cost. Commonly, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the products being used. The cost of your roof replacement will be factored by the products you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be difficult if your roof is more intricate since you’ll have to account for various angles. This is where a roofing contractor can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to determine the measurements of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
What sort of prices are affiliated with repairing a roof?
In the matter of the condition of your roof, you're either looking at minor maintenance or major repair. Minor maintenance will range anywhere from $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to take care of minor stuff themselves, but if you’re not certain of what to do or you’re concerned about keeping safe, then you should contact an expert.
Major repairs call for specialized knowledge and they do cost more. You can anticipate your major roof repairs ranging between $1,500 to $7,000.
Roofing Maintenance Services near Ashton, MD
Thumbtack will make your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services easy in Ashton, MD. Our user-friendly platform gives you all the convenience you need, so you can look through dozens of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We facilitate the hiring process by giving you useful information to ratings, pricing information, experience, and more. Start your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement company here on Thumbtack and hire the best professional for your project.
Our platform also puts together useful data to help you before you start sifting through our database of qualified roofing contractors.
Do you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services? With the exception of having leaks or other glaring problems, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a good decision.
- The Age of Your Roof: In general, 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts, so if you know your roof is older than that, it might be time to contact a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a critical problem and needs to be attended to. An established roof repair contractor can fix the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys and into your gutters. If there are shingles missing or they've deteriorated, you may get some leakage.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Contact a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or broken flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you notice there are shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs an inspection. Roofing maintenance services will identify damaged shingles and provide quality repairs to avoid leaks from doing more damage.
Hire a company that can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement a streamlined process. When you’ve found the company you want, then it's just requesting a estimate and setting up an appointment to get your roof in order.