Find a roofer in Aberdeen Proving Ground, Maryland
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time that is needed to replace a roof is dependent on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also many other factors to think about. The average roof for a residence is around 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you should take into account is the projected weather in your area. Poor weather will put a stop to work and this will extend the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to finish.
The style of your roof is an important factor that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist will be able to estimate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are strong and do a fantastic job of protecting your home while being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles do require some attention more often than the more pricier materials. They typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can always purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential homes and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. When your roof is around this age, it’s a smart idea to get consistent inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this usually means you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to come up with an exact amount on how much a new roof is going to come out to because there are several factors that will establish the overall cost. Generally, a new roof is in the range of $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the materials being used. The price of your roof replacement will be factored by the materials you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Getting an estimate for the layout of your roof can also be challenging if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing contractor can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to decipher the square footage of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Aberdeen Proving Ground, MarylandHome // Maryland // Aberdeen Proving Ground
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors near Aberdeen Proving Ground, Maryland
You can look to Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Aberdeen Proving Ground, Maryland. Our user-friendly app is easy to navigate, so you can look through a range of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We help with the hiring process by giving you useful information to detailed customer reviews, pricing information, background, and more. Begin your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair company here on Thumbtack and hire the right candidate for your project.
It's important to have a a structure over your head that you can count on at any time during the year. For a safe house with a roof designed to last, you can hire the best roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors through Thumbtack.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to get in touch with a roofing repair or roofing replacement contractor, but here are some other aspects to consider about your roof:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years. If you think your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to call a roofer to come check it out.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a contractor immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can lead to worse problems. Quality roofing repairs will resolve the problem and avoid replacement services.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a promising sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters while checking up on your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Contact a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or damaged flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, curled, or missing shingles will need to be replaced by a roofer. Regular maintenance services will help you address problems like this and avoid leaks.
It's unnecessary to put up with a dilapidated roof when there are so many qualified roofers ready to assist. With our powerful app, you can get the best roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Aberdeen Proving Ground, Maryland. Get the premium roofing maintenance services you need for your home now.