Find a roofer in Winthrop, Massachusetts
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a stable roof is so important is because it protects your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that provides protection for your entire property. It blocks out harsh weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof is in bad condition, you could get leaks in your home, which can lead to other problems.
Your roof also does so much for your property value. Because it’s such an essential component of your property, a well-maintained roof shows a reliable property. In the circumstance where you are selling, a buyer would be enthusiastic about your property if it has a strong, steady roof protecting it.
Finally, having an energy efficient house makes anyone happy. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your house maintains a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time that is needed to replace a roof will be based on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also many other things to consider. The typical residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the weather report in Winthrop, Massachusetts. Storms will put a stop to work and this is going to stall the project. If bad weather is expected to happen during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is another thing that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist will be able to approximate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most affordable materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are reliable and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any house.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier options. They normally have a 15-20 year warranty. But you can also get top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential properties and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. If the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a good idea to get routine inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this usually means you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Winthrop, MassachusettsHome // Massachusetts // Winthrop
Roofing Maintenance Services near Winthrop, Massachusetts
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management platform that helps you find roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors in Winthrop, Massachusetts. See what experiences other people have had, talk directly with the roofing maintenance company want to hire, get a quote, and pay all from one convenient app.
It's essential to have a roof you can count on for your house throughout any season. For a safe house with a roof made to last, you can find the best roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors through Thumbtack.
Routine appointments can help you keep up with any damage before it gets worse and allows you to extend the life of your roof. So, how can you tell it's necessary to get professional, roofing repair and roofing replacement services? You may notice certain signs of wear including:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of your roof leaking. A good roofing contractor can fix the issue right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a roofer immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can lead to serious problems. Roofing repairs done by an expert will resolve the problem and prevent the need for replacement services.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a promising sign. A roofing repair company will clean your gutters in addition to examining your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to seal joints and prevent water. Contact a roofing maintenance company to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, curled, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by a professional. Regular repair services will help you address problems like this and prevent leaks.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you a hassle-free option to find the best companies for roofing repair and roofing replacement services. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the process is made easier through our app.