Find a roofer in Westwood, Massachusetts
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most budget friendly solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are strong and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any house.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can also get higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the likelihood of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential properties and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a smart idea to get regular inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
Even though you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year for a roof replacement. But because it is a common time for these services, it can be difficult to book time with a contractor. This means that waiting later in the year could be an easier time for services.
A lot of roofing companies are slow during the colder months, but you could be putting up with more severe weather conditions. And summer is similar to winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be putting up with heat.
Spring can also be good for roof replacements. Even though the weather can still be wet and partially uncertain, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be repaired.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a good roof is so important is because it provides security for your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the protective barrier for the rest of your house. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. So if your roof is in poor condition, you could get leaks in your home, and this can cause other issues.
Your roof also does so much for your property value. Since it’s such an essential component of your home, a roof in good condition shows a great deal of stability. If you were to sell, a home buyer would be much more excited about your home if it has a solid, durable roof over it.
Lastly, everyone is content with an energy efficient property. It means your utility bills are lower and that your home keeps a consistent temperature.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Westwood, MassachusettsHome // Massachusetts // Westwood
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors near Westwood, Massachusetts
When you need to hire a roofing repair or roofing replacement company in Westwood, Massachusetts, there's no better way to find them. The roofing experts you'll discover on Thumbtack have the knowledge and experience you’re searching for. You can find the right candidate who takes extra measures in making sure that the finest customer service is implemented and that you get quality services on your roofing repairs.
Our site also puts together a wealth of information to help you before you start sifting through our network of qualified roofing professionals.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to get in touch with a roofing repair or roofing replacement professional, but listed below are some other aspects to consider about your roof:
- Age: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years. If you think your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to contact a roofer to come check it out.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood used for decking can warp or bend under pressure.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing repair company will clean your gutters in addition to inspecting your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to protect joints and prevent water. Contact a roofing maintenance company to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs attention. Roofing maintenance services will identify deteriorated shingles and provide first-rate repairs to avoid leaks from causing further damage.
It's unnecessary to deal with a run-down roof when there are so many licensed roofers available to help. With our user-friendly app, you can get quality roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Westwood, Massachusetts. Get the roofing maintenance services you need for your property right away.