Find a roofer in Westfield, Massachusetts
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also many other factors to consider. The average residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you need to take into account is the weather forecast in Westfield, MA. Storms will make working conditions terrible and this will extend the timeline. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to complete.
The style of your roof is an important factor that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement contractor will be able to approximate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are strong and do a fantastic job of protecting your home in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any house.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They normally have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the possibility of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential spaces and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a wise idea to get routine inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this usually means you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a defensive barrier for the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to narrow down how much a roof replacement is going to come out to since there are several factors that will establish the overall cost. Usually, replacing your roof is in the range of $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the project and the materials used. The price of your roof replacement will be factored by the materials you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be difficult if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to account for various angles. This is where a roofing expert can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to decipher the square footage of your roof and give you a better estimate on the price of your roof.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Westfield, MassachusettsHome // Massachusetts // Westfield
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services near Westfield, MA
You can look to Thumbtack to make your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services more convenient in Westfield, MA. Our streamlined platform is easy to navigate, so you can look through various profiles and come up with some options. We facilitate the vetting process by providing you useful information to detailed customer reviews, pricing information, experience, and more. Start your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair contractor on the app and hire the best candidate for your project.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is necessary so that their property stays in a favorable condition. It’s smart to stay on top of repairs in order to prevent the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Regularly, scheduled inspections can help you keep up with any damage before it gets worse and lets you extend the life of your roof. So, how do you know when you need a professional, roofing replacement and roofing repair company to come out to your home? You may notice certain signs of wear including:
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of a leaky roof. A good roofing contractor can make repairs right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and needs attention at once. An established roof repair company can remediate the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance company will clean your gutters in addition to checking up on your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Damaged flashing lets water penetrate the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing company to fix deteriorating, missing, or faulty flashing to avoid leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, warped, or missing shingles should be swapped out with new ones by a professional. Routine maintenance services will help you address problems like this and prevent leaks.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you a hassle-free solution to hire the right companies to address your roofing needs. Whether you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the process is streamlined with our platform.