Find a roofer in West Yarmouth, Massachusetts
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a stable roof is so important is because it protects your property, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that provides protection for the rest of your home. It blocks out severe weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof is in bad condition, your home could develop some leaks, which can cause other issues.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your property value. Since it’s such an important part of your property, a well-maintained roof shows a great deal of stability. If you were to sell, a buyer would be enthusiastic about your property if it has a strong, durable roof protecting it.
Lastly, everyone is happy with an energy efficient home. It means your utility bills are lower and that your home maintains a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time that is needed to replace a roof will be based on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors to consider. The average residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you should take into account is the weather forecast in your area. Storms will put a damper on work and this will push out the timeline. If a storm is expected to happen during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is an important thing that you should consider. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist will be able to approximate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most cost-effective materials for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are reliable and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs while being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any home.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They normally have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can always purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the possibility of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential properties and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a smart choice to get consistent inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this does mean you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near West Yarmouth, MassachusettsHome // Massachusetts // West Yarmouth
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services in West Yarmouth, MA
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement site that helps you find roofing replacement and roofing repair professionals in West Yarmouth, MA. See what experiences other customers have had, talk directly with the roofing replacement contractor you’re interested in, schedule a service appointment, and pay all from one convenient app.
It's important to have a a structure over your head that you can depend on throughout any season. For a safe home with a roof made to last, you can hire the best roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors through Thumbtack.
Are you looking for roofing replacement and roofing repair services? Aside from leakage or other obvious concerns, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a good decision.
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of your roof leaking. A professional roofer can make repairs as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards that make your roof can warp or bend under pressure.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a promising sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters while inspecting your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and prevent water. A roofer can fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to avoid water leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, curled, or missing shingles should be replaced by a professional. Regular repair services will help you address issues like this and avoid leaks.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you a convenient way to hire the best professionals to address your roofing needs. Whether you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is streamlined with our platform.