Find a roofer in West Roxbury, Massachusetts
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Roofing Repair & Replacement Professionals nearRoof Repair and Maintenance // Massachusetts // West Roxbury
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
When should I schedule to get roofing services performed?
No matter what season it is, you can get roofing services. However, fall is the most common time of year for any type of roofing service. Since it is a common time for roofing services, it can be difficult to schedule time with a roofer. This is why winter could be an easier time to book.
A lot of professionals who specialize in roofing are slow during the winter, but you could be putting up with more erratic weather conditions. Summer is sort of like winter, but instead of wet and cold conditions, you’d be putting up with heat.
Spring can also be good for roofing services. Even though the weather can still be wet and partially uncertain, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be uncovered.
What is the average pricing per square foot for roofing services?
Services for your roof can hover around $4 to $40 per square foot, and this will account for the materials and the labor. Needless to say, the cost per square foot will change depending on what materials are being used for your roof repairs.
What's the timeframe for a roofing contractor to replace a roof?
The amount of time that is needed for a roofing contractor to do a replacement really depends on the measurements of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors to consider. The average roof for a house is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so usually, a roofer can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you should take into consideration is the weather forecast in West Roxbury, Massachusetts. Bad weather will make working conditions unpleasant and this will push out the timeline. If a storm is expected to take place during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to get done.
The style of your roof is another factor that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roofing professional will be able to estimate the hours for the job.
What is the correct time to book an inspection for my roof?
The majority of roofers advise getting twice-yearly roof inspections, and the reason why is because regular inspections are the best things to make your roof last longer. Something to think about is, by not getting a roofing inspection done, any warranty you have could be waived.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors in West Roxbury, Massachusetts
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement site that helps you hire roofing repair and roofing replacement companies in West Roxbury, Massachusetts. See what experiences other people have had, communicate directly with the roofing maintenance company you’re interested in, schedule a service appointment, and more all from one convenient app.
Our app also puts together a wealth of information to help you before you start browsing through our database of licensed roofing contractors.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to get in touch with a roofing maintenance company, but here are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- The Age of Your Roof: Approximately 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts, so if you know your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to call a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get immediate repairs if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can cause worse problems. Roofing repairs done by an expert will resolve the issue and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance company will clean your gutters while examining your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are cracked, curled, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs an inspection. A roof inspection will identify damaged shingles and provide timely repairs to prevent leaks from causing further damage.
Find a company that can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement an easy process. When you’ve found the contractor you want, then it's just requesting a quote and setting up an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.