Find a roofer in West Newton, Massachusetts
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Roofing Repair & Replacement Professionals nearRoof Repair and Maintenance // Massachusetts // West Newton
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
What should I expect to pay a roofer for a roof replacement job?
It’s difficult to narrow down how much a new roof is going to cost you since there are several factors that will determine the overall cost. Typically, replacing your roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the materials used. The cost of your new roof will be calculated by the materials you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Measuring the size of your roof can also be difficult if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing professional can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to decipher the measurements of your roof and give you a better estimate on the cost of your roof.
What sort of prices are affiliated with fixing a roof?
When it comes to the condition of your roof, your needs can be sorted two ways: minor maintenance or major repair. A little bit of maintenance can cost about $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to handle minor stuff themselves, but if you’re not certain of what to do or you’re concerned about keeping safe, then you should reach out to a contractor.
Major repairs do require specialized knowledge and they do cost more. You can anticipate your major repairs being in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
How much is the rate for most roofing specialists per square foot?
Roofing services can hover around $4 to $40 per square foot, and this will account for the labor and materials. Needless to say, the cost factor will change depending on what materials are being used for your roof repairs.
What's the approximate time needed for building a replacement roof?
The time it takes for a roofer to do a replacement really depends on the size of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors to think about. The typical residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so normally, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the weather forecast in your area. Bad weather will make working conditions less than ideal and this can really delay the job. If a storm is supposed to take place during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to get done.
The layout of your roof is another factor that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roofing specialist will be able to come up with the hours for the job.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services in West Newton, Massachusetts
Thumbtack is the perfect home management platform that helps you hire roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors in West Newton, Massachusetts. See what others have to say, communicate directly with the roofing repair company want to hire, get an estimate, and pay all from one convenient app.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is needed to keep their property in good condition. It’s best to stay on top of repairs to avoid having to pay an expensive roof replacement.
Are you looking for roofing replacement and roofing repair services? With the exception of leakage or other glaring concerns, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a good choice.
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of a leaky roof. A professional roofing contractor can fix the issue as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a contractor immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can lead to worse issues. Quality roofing repairs will remediate the issue and prevent the need for replacement services.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is built to allow snow and rain to stream through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you may get some leakage.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to protect joints and stop water. A roofing contractor can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Inspecting your shingles will let you know if they need to be replaced. If a patch of them are very discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more extensive damages.
Find a company that can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair a streamlined and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the contractor you want, it’s just a matter of getting your quote and setting up an appointment to get your roof in order.