Find a roofer in West Hyannisport, Massachusetts
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also many other things to think about. The average roof for a residential property is around 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so normally, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you need to take into account is the projected weather in your area. Storms will put a halt on work and this is going to delay the job. If a storm is expected to happen during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to finish.
The layout of your roof is another thing that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional will be able to approximate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are strong and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your property needs in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any home.
However, asphalt shingles do require some attention more often than the more expensive products. They usually have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential properties and these usually have a 15-20 year warranty. When the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a smart idea to get regular inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this usually means you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire property, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to know exactly how much a new roof is going to come out to because there are a few things that will influence the total cost. Commonly, a new roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the products used. The price of your new roof will be calculated by the products you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be difficult if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to factor in various angles. This is where a roofing specialist can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to calculate the measurements of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the price of your roof.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near West Hyannisport, MassachusettsHome // Massachusetts // West Hyannisport
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies near West Hyannisport, Massachusetts
Thumbtack will simplify your search for roofing maintenance services in West Hyannisport, Massachusetts. Our user-friendly app is easy to navigate, so you can search through dozens of profiles and come up with some options. We assist in the hiring process by providing you useful information to ratings, pricing information, background, and more. Start your search for a roofing maintenance company on the app and hire the right candidate for your project.
It's essential to have a roof you can count on for your house throughout any season. For a safe home with a roof made to last, you can hire the best roofing maintenance contractors through Thumbtack.
Regularly, scheduled appointments can help you keep up with any damage before it degrades any further and allows you to prolong the life of your roof. How do you know it's necessary to get a professional, roofing maintenance contractor to come out to your home? You may notice certain things to look out for, including:
- Age: In general, 20-25 years is expected of a roof, so if you think your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to contact a roofer to come inspect it.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and requires immediate attention. An established roof repair contractor can remediate the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance specialist will keep your gutters clean and functioning properly.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is roof cement you may want a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected will let you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more extensive damages.
Hire a company that can make your roofing maintenance a streamlined process. Once you’ve found the company you want, it’s just a matter of getting your estimate and booking an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.