Find a roofer in West Dennis, Massachusetts
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a good roof is because it provides security for your home, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that provides security for your entire property. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. So if your roof is in poor condition, your home could develop some leaks, which can cause other issues.
Your roof also does so much for your curb appeal. Since it’s such an essential part of your home, a roof in good condition demonstrates a great deal of stability. If you were to sell, a buyer would be much more excited about your home if it has a solid, stable roof over it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient home delights anyone. It means your energy bills are lower and that your home keeps a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time it takes to replace a roof is dependent on the size of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors involved. The average residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so usually, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the weather forecast in West Dennis, MA. Storms will make working conditions unpleasant and this is going to stall the project. If bad weather is supposed to happen during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is an important factor that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor can come up with a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are strong and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more pricier options. They usually have a 15-20 year warranty. But you can always purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential properties and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a wise choice to get regular inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this does mean you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire home, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near West Dennis, MassachusettsHome // Massachusetts // West Dennis
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies near West Dennis, MA
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement site that helps you find roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors in West Dennis, MA. See what other customers have to say, talk directly with the roofing repair contractor you’re interested in, get a quote, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
It's essential to have a roof you can depend on for your house at any time during the year. For a secure home with a roof designed to last, you can hire the best roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors through Thumbtack.
Are you looking for roofing repair and roofing replacement services? With the exception of leakage or other obvious concerns, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a wise decision.
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years, so if you know your roof is older than that, it might be time to call a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a serious problem and needs to be attended to. A roofing repair contractor can remediate the issue before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters in addition to inspecting your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or damaged flashing to avoid leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, curled, or missing shingles should be replaced by a professional. Regular inspections will also help you address issues like this and avoid leaks.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you an easy option to hire the best companies for roofing repair and roofing replacement services. Whether you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the process is made easier with our app.