Find a roofer in West Barnstable, Massachusetts
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Roofing Repair & Replacement Professionals nearRoof Repair and Maintenance // Massachusetts // West Barnstable
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
How long does it typically take for a roofing contractor to replace a roof?
The time it takes for a roofing contractor to do a replacement is dependent on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also many other factors involved. The typical roof for a residence is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Storms will make working conditions terrible and this can really delay the project. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to finish.
The layout of your roof is another thing that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roofer can estimate a timeline for the project.
When is the best time to get my roof evaluated?
Many roofers suggest twice-yearly inspections for your roof since routine inspections have been proven to make your roof last longer. Something to think about is, by not having an inspection done, any warranty you have could be waived.
What should I anticipate to pay a roofing contractor for a roof replacement job?
It’s hard to come up with an exact amount on how much a replacement is going to come out to since there are a few factors that will establish the total cost. Commonly, replacing your roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the materials being used. The price of your roof replacement will be factored by the materials you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be hard if your roof is more intricate since you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing professional can be of assistance. They’ll be able to calculate the measurements of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
What is the cost for repairing a roof?
When it comes to the condition of your roof, your needs can be sorted two ways: minor maintenance or major repair. A little bit of maintenance can cost about $150 to $1,500. Many homeowners like to handle minor stuff on their own, but if you’re unsure of how to do them or you’re concerned about keeping safe, then you should leave those minor fixes to the professionals.
Any repairs that are major call for experience and they are going to cost more. You can expect major roofing repairs to be in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies near West Barnstable, Massachusetts
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management platform that helps you connect with roofing replacement and roofing repair professionals in West Barnstable, Massachusetts. See what others have to say, talk directly with the roofing maintenance company want to hire, book an appointment, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
Our app also compiles useful data to help you before you start sifting through our database of vetted roofing contractors.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to call in a roofing maintenance professional, but listed below are some other things to take into account:
- Leaking: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are a sign of your roof leaking. A professional roofing contractor can fix the issue as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a critical issue and needs immediate attention. A roofing repair company can remediate the issue before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a promising sign. A roofing repair company will clean your gutters while examining your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing company to fix worn out, missing, or faulty flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you notice there are shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs an inspection. A roof inspection will identify damaged shingles and provide first-rate repairs to prevent leaks from causing more damage.
Hire someone who can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair a streamlined and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the contractor you want, it’s just a matter of requesting a estimate and scheduling an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.