Find a roofer in Wenham, Massachusetts
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Wenham, MassachusettsRoofing // Massachusetts // Wenham
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
How do roofing specialists typically charge for their services for a replacement?
It’s challenging to pinpoint exactly how much a replacement is going to come out to since there are a few factors that will determine the overall cost. Usually, a new roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the products used. The price of your roof replacement will be calculated by the products you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Getting an estimate for the layout of your roof can also be difficult if your roof is more intricate since you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing expert can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to decipher the measurements of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
How much can it cost to maintain a roof top?
Concerning the condition of your roof, your needs can be sorted into two categories: minor maintenance or major repair. A little bit of maintenance will range anywhere from $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to do the minor stuff themselves, but if you’re not certain of how to do them or you’re worried about your safety, then you should reach out to a professional.
Any repairs that are major call for the attention of a roofer and they do cost more. You can anticipate your major roof repairs being in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
What is the typical price per square foot that roofing specialists charge?
Roofing services can be between $4 to $40 per square foot, and this will account for the materials and the labor. Of course, how expensive it will be will differ with the products that are being used for your project.
What is the usual period of time for a roof rebuild?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofing contractor really depends on the measurements of your roof, but there are also many other factors involved. The typical roof for a residential property is about 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into consideration is the weather report in your area. Poor weather will make working conditions less than ideal and this is going to stall the project. If a storm is supposed to happen during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to get done.
The style of your roof is an important thing that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofer is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roofer will be able to come up with a timeline for the project.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies near Wenham, MA
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement platform that helps you connect with roofing maintenance contractors in Wenham, MA. See what other customers have to say, talk directly with the roofing replacement contractor you’re interested in, book an appointment, and pay all from one convenient app.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is necessary so that their property stays in good condition. It’s best to stay on top of repairs in order to prevent the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to reach out to a roofing replacement or roofing repair professional, but here are some other things to consider about your roof:
- Age: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years. If you think your roof is older than that, it might be time to call a roofer to come check it out.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a serious problem and needs immediate attention. An established roof repair contractor can remediate the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find an accumulation of granules in your gutters from your shingles, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing repair contractor will keep your gutters clean and cleared out.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and prevent water penetration. A roofing contractor can fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to avoid water leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are ripped, curled, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs an inspection. Roofing maintenance services will identify deteriorated shingles and provide top-notch repairs to avoid leaks from causing further damage.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you a convenient way to hire the best companies for roofing maintenance services. No matter if you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the job is streamlined with our app.