Find a roofer in Wenham, Massachusetts
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a quality roof is because it provides security for your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the defensive barrier for your entire house. It defends against harsh weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, you could get leaks in your home, which can lead to other problems.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your property value. Because it’s such an important component of your property, a well-maintained roof shows a reliable property. In a situation where you are selling, a buyer would be thrilled about your property if it has a solid, steady roof protecting it.
Finally, everyone is content with an energy efficient property. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your house keeps a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the measurements of your roof, but there are also many other things to consider. The average roof for a residential property is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into account is the projected weather in your area. Bad weather will put a damper on work and this is going to delay the project. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to finish.
The layout of your roof is an important thing that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor will be able to come up with the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most affordable materials for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are durable and do a fantastic job of protecting your property while being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any house.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can also get top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential properties and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. When the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a wise choice to get consistent inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this does mean you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire property, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Wenham, MassachusettsHome // Massachusetts // Wenham
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors in Wenham, Massachusetts
Thumbtack is the perfect home management platform that helps you hire roofing maintenance companies in Wenham, Massachusetts. See what others have to say, communicate directly with the roofing replacement contractor you’re interested in, book a service appointment, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
It's essential to have a roof you can depend on for your house at any time during the year. For a safe house with a roof designed to last, you can hire the best roofing maintenance companies through Thumbtack.
Are you looking for roofing maintenance services? With the exception of leakage or other glaring concerns, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a wise decision.
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years, so if you know your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to call a roofer to come check it out.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood that make your roof can warp or bend under pressure.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to allow snow and rain to stream through the valleys and into your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- Broken flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or broken flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs attention. A roof inspection will identify damaged shingles and provide quality repairs to prevent leaks from doing more damage.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with an easy solution to hire the right contractors to address your roofing needs. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the process is made easier through our platform.