Find a roofer in Wellesley, Massachusetts
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Wellesley, MassachusettsRoofing // Massachusetts // Wellesley
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What's the estimated time needed for constructing a new roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofer will be based on the size of your roof, however, there are also many other factors involved. The typical residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so normally, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into consideration is the weather forecast in your area. Poor weather will make working conditions terrible and this will push out the timeline. If a storm is supposed to happen during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is an important factor that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofer is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roofer can come up with a timeline for the project.
At which point should I think about having a roof inspection conducted?
Most roofers recommend twice-yearly inspections for your roof, and the reason why is because regular check-ups are the best things to increase the longevity of your roof. Something to think about is, by not having an inspection done, the warranty on your roof could be waived.
What is the standard cost charged by roofers for a roof replacement project?
It’s challenging to pinpoint exactly how much a replacement is going to come out to since there are a few factors that will determine the total cost. Mostly, replacing your roof is in the range of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the project and the materials being used. The price of your new roof will be factored by the materials you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be challenging if your roof is more complex since you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing specialist can be of assistance. They’ll be able to figure out the square footage of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
What is the expected price to fix my roof?
When it comes to the condition of your roof, you're either looking at major or minor repairs. Minor maintenance will range anywhere from $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to take care of minor stuff themselves, but if you’re unsure of how to do them or you’re worried about your safety, then you should contact an expert.
Any repairs that are major do require specialized knowledge and they do cost more. You can expect major roofing repairs to range from $1,500 to $7,000.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies in Wellesley, Massachusetts
If you need roofing maintenance services in Wellesley, Massachusetts, then our platform is the answer. The roofing professionals featured on Thumbtack have the knowledge and qualifications you’re looking for. You can find the right candidate who takes the effort to make sure that the finest customer service is put in place and that you get quality services on your roof replacement.
It's important to have a a structure over your head that you can rely on throughout any season. For a safe home with a roof made to last, you can hire the best roofing maintenance companies through Thumbtack.
Do you need roofing maintenance services? With the exception of having leaks or other glaring concerns, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a wise choice.
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years. If you think your roof has been around for longer, you may want to contact a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and needs immediate attention. A roofing repair contractor can fix the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a good sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters while inspecting your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to protect joints and stop water penetration. Contact a roofing maintenance contractor to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you notice there are shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs attention. Roofing maintenance services will identify damaged shingles and provide timely repairs to avoid leaks from causing more damage.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with a convenient way to hire the right contractors for roofing maintenance services. Whether you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is made easier through our app.