Find a roofer in Wellesley Hills, Massachusetts
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time it takes to replace a roof will be based on the size of your roof, but there are also many other factors involved. The average residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in Wellesley Hills, Massachusetts. Storms will make working conditions awful and this is going to push out the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to complete.
The layout of your roof is an important thing that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement specialist can estimate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most affordable solution for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are strong and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any home.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential houses and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a smart idea to get consistent inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this usually means you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to narrow down how much a new roof is going to cost you since there are a few factors that will establish the overall cost. Generally, replacing your roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the job and the products being used. The cost of your new roof will be factored by the products you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Measuring the size of your roof can also be difficult if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to account for various angles. This is where a roofing expert can be of assistance. They’ll be able to calculate the square footage of your roof and give you a better estimate on the cost of your roof.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Wellesley Hills, MassachusettsHome // Massachusetts // Wellesley Hills
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services in Wellesley Hills, Massachusetts
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement site that helps you connect with roofing maintenance companies in Wellesley Hills, Massachusetts. See what others have to say, talk directly with the roofing repair contractor you’re interested in, get a quote, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
Our app also puts together useful data to help you before you start browsing through our database of licensed roofing companies.
Do you need roofing maintenance services? With the exception of leakage or other obvious concerns, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a good decision.
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are indicative of a leaky roof. A professional roofing contractor can fix the issue as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get immediate repairs if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can cause worse issues. Roofing repairs done by an expert will resolve the issue and avoid replacement services.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to allow snow and rain to stream through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there are shingles missing or they've deteriorated, you could experience some leaks.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to protect joints and stop water penetration. Contact a roofing maintenance contractor to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't sustain more extensive damages.
Hire a contractor who can make your roofing maintenance an easy process. When you’ve found the right fit, it’s just a matter of requesting a estimate and scheduling an appointment to get your roof in order.