Find a roofer in Watertown, Massachusetts
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are durable and do a great job of protecting your property in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any home.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier options. They usually have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the probability of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential spaces and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. When your roof is around this age, it’s a wise idea to get routine inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this does mean you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire property, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
No matter what season it is, you can call a contractor for roof replacement services. However, fall is the most popular time of year for a roof replacement. But because it is a good time for a replacement, it can be difficult to book time with a contractor. This means that winter could be a more convenient time for services.
A lot of professionals who specialize in roofing are slow during the colder months, but you could have more delays because of severe weather conditions. Summer is sort of like winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be dealing with high heat.
Spring can also be good for roof replacements. Even though there's a chance it can still be wet and somewhat unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be repaired.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a stable roof is so important is because it provides security for your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the defensive barrier for your entire house. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof is in poor condition, you could experience leaks in your home, which can cause other issues.
Your roof also does so much for your property value. Because it’s such a fundamental component of your property, a well-maintained roof shows a reliable property. In a situation where you are selling, a buyer would be enthusiastic about your property if it has a solid, durable roof protecting it.
Finally, everyone is happy with an energy efficient house. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your home maintains a comfortable temperature.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Watertown, MassachusettsHome // Massachusetts // Watertown
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors near Watertown, Massachusetts
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management platform that helps you find roofing maintenance professionals in Watertown, Massachusetts. See what experiences other people have had, talk directly with the roofing repair company you’re interested in, book an appointment, and more all from one convenient app.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is always required to keep their property in good condition. It’s best to keep on top of repairs to avoid having to pay an expensive roof replacement.
Do you need roofing maintenance services? Aside from having leaks or other glaring issues, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a wise choice.
- Age: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years. If you think your roof is older than that, it might be time to contact a roofer to come inspect it.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood that make your roof can warp or bend under pressure.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance specialist will make sure your gutters are clean and cleared out.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and stop water penetration. A roofing contractor can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, curled, or missing shingles will need to be replaced by an expert. Routine maintenance services will help you address issues like this and avoid leaks.
Hire someone who can make your roofing maintenance an easy process. Once you’ve found the right candidate, it’s just a matter of requesting a quote and booking an appointment to get your roof in order.