Find a roofer in Waltham, Massachusetts
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time it takes to replace a roof is dependent on the size of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors involved. The typical residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so generally speaking, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into account is the weather report in Waltham, Massachusetts. Bad weather will make working conditions less than ideal and this will push out the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is another thing that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor will be able to estimate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most cost-effective materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are reliable and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier options. They normally have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to get top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential homes and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a wise idea to get routine inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this indicates you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a defensive barrier for the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to come up with an exact amount on how much a new roof is going to cost you since there are a few factors that will determine the overall cost. Commonly, replacing your roof is in the range of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the products used. The cost of your roof replacement will be calculated by the products you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Estimating the size of your roof can also be tricky if your roof is more intricate since you’ll have to factor in various angles. This is where a roofing expert can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to calculate the measurements of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Waltham, MassachusettsHome // Massachusetts // Waltham
Roofing Maintenance Contractors near Waltham, Massachusetts
Thumbtack will simplify your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Waltham, Massachusetts. Our user-friendly platform gives you all the convenience you need, so you can look through a range of profiles and come up with some options. We assist in the vetting process by providing you useful information to ratings, pricing, years in business, and more. Start your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair company here on Thumbtack and hire the best candidate for the job.
Our platform also collects a wealth of information to help you prior to sifting through our network of qualified roofing professionals.
Regularly, scheduled checkups can help you keep up with any damage before it gets worse and allows you to extend the lifespan of your roof. How do you know it's necessary to get a professional, roofing replacement and roofing repair company to come out to your home? You may realize there are certain things to look out for, such as:
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of your roof leaking. A good roofing contractor can make repairs as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a serious issue and needs to be attended to. A roofing repair company can fix the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is built to allow snow and rain to stream through the valleys and into your gutters. If there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you may get some leakage.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar you may want a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected will let you know if it's time for them to be replaced. If a patch of them are very discolored, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't sustain more extensive damages.
It's unnecessary to deal with a dilapidated roof when there are so many qualified contractors ready to help. With our powerful platform, you can get the finest roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Waltham, Massachusetts. Find the right contractor for your house now.