Find a roofer in Upton, Massachusetts
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Upton, MassachusettsRoofing // Massachusetts // Upton
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What's the estimated time needed for constructing a replacement roof?
The time it takes for a roofing contractor to do a replacement really depends on the measurements of your roof, but there are also many other factors to think about. The average roof for a house is around 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you should take into consideration is the projected weather in Upton, MA. Bad weather will put a halt on work and this will push out the timeline. If a storm is expected to happen during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to finish.
The style of your roof is another factor that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roofer can estimate the hours for the project.
When is the best time to get my roof evaluated?
Most roofing professionals advise getting biannual roof inspections since routine check-ups are the best things to make your roof last longer. Something to think about is, by not having a roofing evaluation done, any warranty you have could be voided.
What is the normal price charged by roofers for a roof replacement project?
It’s challenging to narrow down how much a new roof is going to cost you because there are several factors that will determine the overall cost. Generally, a new roof is in the range of $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the project and the products used. The price of your new roof will be determined by the products you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Getting an estimate for the layout of your roof can also be challenging if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to account for various angles. Here's how a roofing professional can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to calculate the square footage of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the price of your roof.
How much should I budget for rooftop maintenance?
In relation to the condition of your roof, you're either looking at minor maintenance or major repair. A little bit of maintenance will range anywhere from $150 to $1,500. Many homeowners like to do the minor stuff themselves, but if you’re unsure of how to do them or you’re concerned about your safety, then you should contact a roofer.
Any repairs that are major do require specialized knowledge and they are going to cost more. You can expect major roofing repairs to be in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies in Upton, MA
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management platform that helps you hire roofing replacement and roofing repair companies in Upton, MA. See what other customers have to say, communicate directly with the roofing replacement contractor want to hire, book an appointment, and more all from one convenient app.
It's important to have a roof you can rely on for your house at any time during the year. For a safe home with a roof designed to last, you can find the best roofing replacement and roofing repair companies through Thumbtack.
For the most part you'll know when you need to get in touch with a roofing repair or roofing replacement contractor, but listed below are some other things to take into account:
- Leaking: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are indicative of a leaky roof. A good roofing contractor can make repairs right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a roofer immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can lead to worse issues. Roofing repairs done by an expert will remediate the issue and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a promising sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters in addition to examining your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing lets water penetrate the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or damaged flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Shingles: Inspecting your shingles can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't undergo more extensive damages.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with an easy way to find the best companies for roofing replacement and roofing repair services. Whether you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the process is made easier through our app.