Find a roofer in Turners Falls, Massachusetts
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time it takes to replace a roof will be based on the size of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors to consider. The average roof for a residence is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in Turners Falls, Massachusetts. Bad weather will put a damper on work and this is going to stall the project. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to finish.
The complexity of your roof is an important thing that you should think about. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement specialist can come up with the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most cost-effective materials for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are strong and do a fantastic job of protecting your home in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any house.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier products. They usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can always buy higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the probability of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential properties and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. When the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a good idea to get regular inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this indicates you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire home, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to come up with precise amount on how much a roof replacement is going to come out to since there are several factors that will establish the overall cost. Commonly, replacing your roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the job and the materials used. The cost of your new roof will be factored by the materials you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Measuring the size of your roof can also be tricky if your roof is more intricate since you’ll have to factor in various angles. This is where a roofing specialist can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to decipher the measurements of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies near Turners Falls, Massachusetts
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management site that helps you hire roofing replacement and roofing repair companies in Turners Falls, Massachusetts. See what other customers have to say, communicate directly with the roofing repair contractor want to hire, get an estimate, and pay all from one convenient app.
Our site also compiles useful data to help you before you start sifting through our network of qualified roofing professionals.
Do you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services? Apart from leakage or other obvious problems, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a wise choice.
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years, so if you think your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to call a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a contractor immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can lead to serious problems. Roofing repairs done by a professional will remediate the problem and avoid replacement services.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters in addition to examining your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are cracked, curled, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs to be looked at. A roof inspection will identify worn-out shingles and provide timely repairs to avoid leaks from causing further damage.
Hire someone who can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair an easy process. When you’ve found the right fit, it’s just a matter of getting your estimate and scheduling an appointment to get your roof in order.