Find a roofer in Townsend, Massachusetts
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a quality roof is so fundamental for you is because it provides security for your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the defensive barrier for your entire home. It blocks out severe weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof is in poor condition, your home could develop some leaks, which can lead to other problems.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your curb appeal. Since it’s such a fundamental part of your home, a roof in good condition shows a great deal of stability. If you were looking to sell, a buyer would be enthusiastic about your home if it has a solid, stable roof protecting it.
Lastly, everyone is happy with an energy efficient property. It means your utility bills are lower and that your home maintains a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time that is needed to replace a roof really depends on the measurements of your roof, but there are also many other factors to think about. The average roof for a residential property is about 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so normally, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the weather forecast in your area. Poor weather will put a damper on work and this can really delay the job. If bad weather is expected to happen during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to finish.
The style of your roof is an important factor that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement contractor can estimate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are reliable and serve the purpose of protecting your home while being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any residential property.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier options. They normally have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can also buy higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential houses and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. When the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a smart idea to get regular inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire home, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Townsend, MassachusettsHome // Massachusetts // Townsend
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services in Townsend, MA
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management platform that helps you hire roofing maintenance companies in Townsend, MA. See what experiences other customers have had, communicate directly with the roofing replacement company you’re interested in, get a quote, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
It's essential to have a a structure over your head that you can count on throughout any season. For a secure home with a roof designed to last, you can find the best roofing maintenance companies through Thumbtack.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to call in a roofing maintenance professional, but listed below are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- The Age of Your Roof: Approximately 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts, so if you think your roof is older than that, it might be time to call a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a serious issue and needs to be attended to. An established roof repair company can remediate the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys and into your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they've deteriorated, you may get some leakage.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar or roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Inspecting your shingles can help you know if they need to be replaced. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't undergo more extensive damages.
It's unnecessary to put up with a damaged roof when there are so many professional roofers available to assist. With our easy-to-use platform, you can find quality roofing maintenance services in Townsend, MA. Get the roofing maintenance services you need for your property today.