Find a roofer in Swansea, Massachusetts
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Swansea, MassachusettsRoofing // Massachusetts // Swansea
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What is the usual period of time to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofer really depends on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also many other things involved. The typical roof for a residential property is around 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so usually, a roofer can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Bad weather will put a stop to work and this will extend the timeline. If this is going on during your replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is an important thing that you should consider. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roofing contractor can approximate the hours for the job.
What is the appropriate occasion to book an inspection for my roof?
Many roofers advise getting twice-yearly roof inspections, and the reason why is because routine check-ups are the best things to increase the longevity of your roof. Another thing to think about is, by not getting an evaluation done, any warranty you have could be voided.
What is the normal cost charged by roofing professionals for a roof replacement project?
It’s difficult to know exactly how much a replacement is going to cost you because there are several things that will determine the total cost. Mostly, replacing your roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the job and the materials used. The price of your roof replacement will be factored by the materials you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Estimating the size of your roof can also be tricky if your roof is more intricate because you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing specialist can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to calculate the square footage of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
How much should I budget for roof maintenance?
Concerning the condition of your roof, your needs can be classified into two categories: minor maintenance or major repair. A little bit of maintenance can cost about $150 to $1,500. Many homeowners like to take care of minor stuff on their own, but if you’re unsure of what to do or you’re worried about your safety, then you should reach out to a roofing professional.
Major repairs call for the attention of a professional and they do cost more. You can expect major roofing repairs to range from $1,500 to $7,000.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors near Swansea, MA
When you need to hire a roofing replacement or roofing repair company in Swansea, MA, there's no easier way to find them. The roofing professionals you'll discover on Thumbtack have the knowledge and experience you’re looking for. You can find someone who takes extra measures in making sure that the best customer service is implemented and that you get total satisfaction on your roof replacement.
Our app also collects a wealth of information to help you before you start sifting through our network of vetted roofing contractors.
Regularly, scheduled checkups can help you keep up with any damage before it degrades any further and lets you extend the life of your roof. How do you know when you need professional, roofing maintenance services? You may notice certain signs of wear such as:
- The Age of Your Roof: In general, 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts. If you know your roof is older than that, you may want to contact a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and needs immediate attention. An established roof repair contractor can remediate the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to let snow and rain stream through the valleys and into your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar you may want a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs to be looked at. A roof inspection will identify damaged shingles and provide timely repairs to prevent leaks from doing more damage.
No one should put up with a run-down roof when there are so many licensed contractors available to assist. With our powerful app, you can get quality roofing maintenance services in Swansea, MA. Get the premium roofing services you need for your home today.