Find a roofer in Swampscott, Massachusetts
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a quality roof is so important is because it provides security for your property, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that offers security for the rest of your home. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. So if your roof is in bad condition, your home could develop some leaks, and this can cause other issues.
Your roof also does so much for your curb appeal. Because it’s such an important part of your property, a roof in good condition illustrates a reliable property. If you were looking to sell, a buyer would be thrilled about your property if it has a strong, stable roof over it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient home makes anyone happy. It means your energy bills are lower and that your home maintains a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time that is needed to replace a roof is dependent on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also many other things involved. The average residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the weather report in Swampscott, MA. Storms will put a damper on work and this will push out the timeline. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to finish.
The layout of your roof is an important thing that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional can approximate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most affordable materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are durable and serve the purpose of protecting your property in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any house.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require some attention more often than the more expensive products. They normally have a 15-20 year warranty. But you can always buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential houses and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. When the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a wise idea to get regular inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this does mean you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Swampscott, MassachusettsHome // Massachusetts // Swampscott
Roofing Maintenance Companies in Swampscott, MA
You can look to Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Swampscott, MA. Our user-friendly site gives you all the convenience you need, which means you can search through various profiles and come up with some options. We facilitate the vetting process by giving you useful information to ratings, pricing information, experience, and more. Start your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement company here on Thumbtack and hire the right professional for your project.
Our site also puts together useful data to help you prior to sifting through our network of licensed roofing companies.
Regularly, scheduled inspections can help you stay on top of any damage before it degrades any further and allows you to prolong the lifespan of your roof. So, how do you know it's necessary to get professional, roofing repair and roofing replacement services? You may realize there are certain things to look out for, such as:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of your roof leaking. A professional roofer can fix the issue right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards that make your roof can warp or bend over time.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing maintenance contractor will make sure your gutters are clean and functioning properly.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and stop water penetration. Contact a roofing repair company to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, warped, or missing shingles will need to be replaced by a professional. Routine maintenance services will help you address issues like this and avoid leaks.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you a hassle-free way to hire the right companies to address your roofing needs. Whether you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the job is streamlined with our app.